Bullet/helmet cams

This is why I would not show my bike, esp speedo in a home movie.

It kinda goes like this
Stopped for speeding or even worse, a routine stop
Officer sees camera, and just needs reasonable grounds to suspect an offence before he reviews/siezes said item.

Then all of your recorded images are evidence your worship, warts and all.

Forgive the following precis, it's actually much longer than shown, but I think you'll get the gist.

Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984
19 General power of seizure etc. .
(3)The constable may seize anything if he has reasonable grounds for believing— .
(a)that it is evidence in relation to an offence which he is investigating or any other offence; and .
(b)that it is necessary to seize it in order to prevent the evidence being concealed, lost, altered or destroyed. .
(4)The constable may require any information which is [stored in any electronic form] to be produced in a form in which it can be taken away and in which it is visible and legible or from which it can readily be produced in a visible and legible form]if he has reasonable grounds for believing— .
(a)that— .
(i)it is evidence in relation to an offence which he is investigating or any other offence;

Oh and I'd remove the linky to that vid, or infer that it might not have been you at the time

HTH

:beerjug:

I had the almost identical version of the Drift camera, the 1080HD Extreme Helmet Camcorder ... looks identical to me. It was a great piece of kit.

But no where near as well made as the GoPro and not as good video quality I'm afraid.

Got the GoPro HD version before the GoPro 2 came out and I'm amazed at its quality and ease of use. GoPro every time for me :thumb

:beerjug:

I've not run mine through a full battery cycle so i don't know. The literature suggests 4+ hours. Certainly enough time to fill many SD cards!

4 hours at a nice temperature... is possble sadly the truth is anything from a few minutes in the cold to 20 minutes in the not so cold... about 1 hour in the summer.....(uk summer)

I see it can be charged on the fly so to speak but then it's not waterproof with the skeleton case. If the reality is an hour max then it's no good to me really if I want to film 3 hours worth of interesting roads. The mini dvr can be bike powered and take up to 64gb cards.

buy extra batteries?

but 3 hours of POV (point of view) will be pretty dull stuff....:thumb2

and worst of all to risk 3-4 hours of footage in a single card is not a real world best practise sort of thing to do... just my observation from the shallow end...

I'd echo Lo IQ's comment. There aren't any roads that warrant 3 hours worth of footage, anywhere. It's the footage you take off the bike that makes ride films interesting.

I saw so many "films" in the USA, of 15-30 minutes of road footage set to a ferkin rock track, that it just drove me bonkers.
I saw others of 5 minutes where the local town was filmed for example, a scene was captured and the riding was used as a transition between shots. They worked.

Also, I gave my GoPro away, it annoyed me that I couldn't see what I'd shot until I was editing it... I know it's got a screen upgrade now (heavy on battery use) but riding and trying to guess if you were pressing buttons on or off was just a pita. Radio control recording Muvi or Vio would be my tip.

Oh and another thought, record commentary as you ride and film, it makes a difference.

I run one of these. Camera head mounted to mirror stem of my VFR, recorder unit in the window of my tank bag. Bike powered will get 14 or so hours onto a 32GB SD card recorded at 720p. It will do 1080p but I find the lower res. a better compromise.

The kit contains practically all you need with the exception of the SD card. I agree that most of the time you're recording bits of the road that are pretty dull. Judicious editing is obviously required. My videos are a record for my memory so others may find them a bit dull in the whole.

You can order them from China for about £190 delivered but will probably have to pay some duty.

Here's a sample and another (don't bother with the 1080p option in the last one, that was me not paying attention when rendering, it's just up-scaled 720p)

Back
Top Bottom