No green card required anymore 1/1/2012

Looking for any info...

Hi
It sounds to me as if I don't need a green card but will need to agree with my insurer (Carole Nash) to get full cover in any of the countries which are not full members of the EU.
I'm interested because I'll be passing through on my way to Turkey. Though I may be going via Montenegro but I'd appreciate any comments/advice about travelling through Serbia, Montenegro, Albania - such as good roads or places to avoid or any other pitfalls like road charges etc.
Roy

I am travelling with NLC and I will be buying the cover from my insurer. I don't think it's worth taking the risk!:thumb2

Hi all I crossed the border yesterday from Sofia Bulgaria travelling to Belgrade Serbia at both the Bulgarian customs and the Serbian customs they asked for my insurance details as well as the usual passport and registration certificate.

Green card not mentioned. No problems.

I will cross back to Bulgaria again today and on to Greece over the next few days. If there is any drama I will post etc.

UK registered GSA.

HTH
Nazdrave Deano :beerjug:

Serbia-Kosovo

In 2009 I had på pay ca. 20 euro when I left Serbia,???,,and went in to Kosovo.I was not able to understand why...In Kosovo you have to buy a insuranc,,they dont exept the green card.(2011)..

that was then this now!

things have changed somewhat. Green card for Kosovo is very hardto get, its easier to buy the insurance on the border.

I crossed the border into Kosovo from Macedonia a couple of weeks ago in the car and although I have a green card for Bulgarian registered and insured vehicle I had to purchase their insurance at the border I think about 30 euros.

some clarification I hope?

Kosovo is classed by most of Europe as a seperate county to Serbia and it is ran by the EU. However it fails to meet any international insurance standards. So virtualy no one is covered there unless they buy insurance in Kosovo. Serbia does meet international standards so that is why basic cover is inplace without any aditional cost.

Back
Top Bottom