Trains and ferries

put me down as confirmed.

cheers

Gerry H.

good news gerry :thumb2

i'm dicking about with options right now.

might go on the overnight ferry portsmouth - caen, then meet up at the first nights digs. that would give me a day to do the 376 miles.

on the other hand, taking the 7:20 tunnel means we should arrive at the hotel in time for a late breakfast :augie

might go on the overnight ferry portsmouth - caen, then meet up at the first nights digs. that would give me a day to do the 376 miles.

on the other hand, taking the 7:20 tunnel means we should arrive at the hotel in time for a late breakfast :augie

I'm sure you can do without the overnight schooner of sherry :eek:

I think I might book a tunnel slot close to 10am which will allow me to go any time from 0800-1200 so I can have brekkie and/or a post bevvy lie in.

Clubcard vouchers have arrived at my Aber home so I'll book it this weekend.

Booked on Eurotunnel put me down as confirmed.

cheers

Gerry H.

Nice one Gerry!

Likely to be in Germany on that weekend so probably I will ride down to the hotel at some point on Sunday.

Regards

just booked the ferry - portsmouth to caen.

see you at the first hotel :)

Are you going over a day earlier?

I'm booked on the 17th 7:20 and the 29th 14:20 :clap
Just awaiting confirmation of a B&B
Can't wait now :JB

I've booked the same nominal times - I may uses the 2 hour window to get a later train outbound as the distance on day 1 is hardly a marathon.

Let me know which B&B you are booking - I've looked ate laterooms.com and currently the Best Western group seem to be offering reasonable rates - I used the BW Stade in Hythe last time which was okay and only 10 mins from the terminal. Decent pub nearby.

I've booked the same nominal times - I may uses the 2 hour window to get a later train outbound as the distance on day 1 is hardly a marathon.

Let me know which B&B you are booking - I've looked ate laterooms.com and currently the Best Western group seem to be offering reasonable rates - I used the BW Stade in Hythe last time which was okay and only 10 mins from the terminal. Decent pub nearby.

At the minute I've got the use of a spare room at SWMBO freinds. This might change if I find a decent secure hotel nearer to tunnel though.
You booked anything yet?

At the minute I've got the use of a spare room at SWMBO freinds. This might change if I find a decent secure hotel nearer to tunnel though.
You booked anything yet?

Not booked anything yet.

When you say secure, what do you mean? Most places have something you can chain a bike to. I avoid central Dover as it's a shithole and has a reputation for vehicle theft but I'm happy to use a surface car park at the rear of the Best Western in Hythe, for example. There again, my R1150GS is 12 years old and not something I get precious about. I may have something newer by June...

Not booked anything yet.

When you say secure, what do you mean? Most places have something you can chain a bike to. I avoid central Dover as it's a shithole and has a reputation for vehicle theft but I'm happy to use a surface car park at the rear of the Best Western in Hythe, for example. There again, my R1150GS is 12 years old and not something I get precious about. I may have something newer by June...

Provisional booking now made for Sat night see here

Back
Top Bottom