Thread: Slovenia

Slovenia

Can anybody recommend hotels/hostels in the Slovenia?
    Have a couple of target areas:
    Coastline - Piran area,
    Alps - Bled area &
    Finally the Wine region

All help gratefully received!

Euro - GSer Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Boffer View Post
    Can anybody recommend hotels/hostels in the Slovenia?
    Have a couple of target areas:
    Coastline - Piran area,
    Alps - Bled area &
    Finally the Wine region

All help gratefully received!
    Stayed at the Hotel Piran a few times on the bike, good hotel - cheap, basic and right by the sea.................recommended
    JohnnyBoxer

RJB Asset Finance - Vehicle, Machinery & Equipment Finance for Agricultural, Commercial and Rural Business

So many roads...........So little time......

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hotel Lucija at Most na Soci is a great place (well it was a couple of years ago)

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain"..... Dolly Parton

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The hotel zlatarog at bohinj was not bad a few years ago.
    still no deid

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    Stayed at the Hotel Piran a few times on the bike, good hotel - cheap, basic and right by the sea.................recommended
    Thanks JB
    Was it a recent visit? Not sure if you can park the bikes at the hotel now? (will have a HD rider with us! )

Euro - GSer Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Boffer View Post
    Thanks JB
    Was it a recent visit? Not sure if you can park the bikes at the hotel now? (will have a HD rider with us! )
    You can reserve & pay for a car parking space in the hotel car park, it is chained off and you can get about 6-8 GS's in it, if you park 'creatively'
    JohnnyBoxer

RJB Asset Finance - Vehicle, Machinery & Equipment Finance for Agricultural, Commercial and Rural Business

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    You can reserve & pay for a car parking space in the hotel car park, it is chained off and you can get about 6-8 GS's in it, if you park 'creatively'
    So thats 2 GS's & one HD Electro Grind then!

http://hotel-kocevje.webs.com/
    this place is good,stayed here twice very friendly,safe bike parking and large portions of food. nice quiet roads around here as well.
    anyone who hates kids and dogs cant be all bad

We stayed in a small b&b in the tiny hamlet of Log which is about 8k north of Bovec. I can't remember the name but I think it's the only guest house in the village. We arrived late at night soaked through without a booking, the owner let us have a massive room with kitchen facilities at a really reasonable rate and provided a fantastic breakfast too.

Might know the place

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
    We stayed in a small b&b in the tiny hamlet of Log which is about 8k north of Bovec. I can't remember the name but I think it's the only guest house in the village. We arrived late at night soaked through without a booking, the owner let us have a massive room with kitchen facilities at a really reasonable rate and provided a fantastic breakfast too.
    My friend Milan runs a place in Log Pod-I'm not in the hotel at the moment so don't have contact details-will post a link when I get back. I'm not sure if it's the same place but Milan's place is a great pitstop on one of our most popular day routes. The wonderful Mangart road stars just a few kms. north of Log Pod too-don't miss it especially if you get a clear day. The view from the top is quite possibly the best in the Alps! See this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ_A5OyX5ME

As Slovenia is only a hours ride from our place I get there quite a lot, Log Pod is 1.5 hours away (at a brisk pace-2 hours if you take in the scenery)
    This job can be so tough sometimes!!

John
    http://www.hochalmspitze.com Biker Hotel in southern Austria.

Thanks for the vid, looks great, better than the Spanish road surfaces, less traffic than Wales!

Now on the route!

Please do send details of local hostels.

(Will use this vid to try & persuade the HD electro grind rider that he needs a proper bike!).

Again many thanks

+ 1 for the vid .
    looks fantastic,i fancy a trip down your neck of the woods this year and pop over the border.

Come and say hello

Quote Originally Posted by wreck diver View Post
    + 1 for the vid .
    looks fantastic,i fancy a trip down your neck of the woods this year and pop over the border.
    You would be very welcome, plenty of great roads around here

And the view from the top of the Mangart road is really special. First time I saw it I was lost for words-those who know me well will tell you that does not happen often.

Hope to see you in the summer.

John
    http://www.hochalmspitze.com Biker Hotel in southern Austria.

Thanks

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Dates set, F1 booked in Strasbourg for stop over on way down. Then 5 nights in Bled, doing to do the Mangart Road. Going to interesting trip given triple black, monster & electro grind! Stopping in Luxemborg on way back, may pop over to the ring for a few tours