Michelin T63 or MT21

Wreford Miles

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'm a fan of the MT21 on both the Airhead and XChallange but I'm looking for something that could handle 4000 miles 50:50 on/off road and the T63's look interesting.

They are for France in September so I'm hoping for more dry than wet and I want something that would be up to a 1000 Mile road dash home near there end of life.

They'll be on the Airhead which takes a 120 with a little room so if they come up narrow I might be able to get away with a 130 - So insight on width would be useful.

Because of the road work I'm thinking tubes over mousses so good puncture protection is also a considerations.

Thanks in advance :)

Hi Wreford, long time no see.

Take a look at Mitas E09 and E10 patterns.
I am about to take the plunge on to the E09 from the MT21, as I have found Pirelli have priced themselves out of my market.:mad:

Timpo.

images

Hi Wreford, long time no see.

Take a look at Mitas E09 and E10 patterns.
I am about to take the plunge on to the E09 from the MT21, as I have found Pirelli have priced themselves out of my market.:mad:

Timpo.

images

:thumb2

I've been getting married, moving and out of practice!

The E09s look good, just need to check out the width as they only do a 130. The Army Specials also look interesting

Correct me if I am wrong, but are Mitas and Mefo both belonging to the Barum tyre company.
The Mefo marque being widely available in USA.

Not sure if thats true or not but it doesn`t change the fact that a lot of people think you are a big gay bear!!!:thumb2

I`ve got one of these on its way any day now.

http://www.zenoverland.com/tyres_tubes/mefo_stone_master.html

I`m having that as a rear and a Michelin Desert front.
There a first for me but get very good write ups on ADV rider.

Trying them in anger this weekend so will report back.

I think I'll go for this combo, with HD tubes (is it worth paying more for the Michelin ones over Mefo's?) and fill them with: http://www.zenoverland.com/tyres_tubes/oko_puncturefree_offroad.html

Wreford your the man on slicks, never forget the 2nd Wombat Hut when Blue Sweeper (Roy) wanted to loss an 1150 rider in the first few miles, small wait to what was a near impossable climd and there he was Wreford on an 1150.

Anybody else remember ? classic lesson in :pullface

Hi Wreford,

i wouldnt use the army specials on the airhead, have them on the xc and not a great fan of them, speaking to gwyn at trellesport he said that they were more for the smaller lighter bike with the xc being pretty much on the limit. I looked at the t63 as i've seen craig use them on his xc, he reckons they're ok but they are expensive. I know Gabe who runs zenoverland and he was recommending the mefo tyres big time when i was out with him the other week, so i'll be trying them when the army specials wear out

bw

Back
Top Bottom