So...Moto Guzzi Stelvio or Triumph adventure?

I've seen your posts before about Triumph warranty Bob. Youve obviously had a problem with them. Is that just typical or were you just unfortunate?

Let's put it this way, I am not the only person to have had problems with them getting them to honour their warranty. There are plenty of other members here who can also tell you about how they do business. But my own personal experience is that BMW are streets ahead of them.

Stelvio now, Explorer in two or three years when any issues are sorted. Don't forget the Triumph will come with Triumph warranty:blast, so maybe another reason to let them sort any issues, recalls and so on, then buy one that's sorted. Why be the test mule?

What, like BMW owners ? :augie

Let's put it this way, I am not the only person to have had problems with them getting them to honour their warranty. There are plenty of other members here who can also tell you about how they do business. But my own personal experience is that BMW are streets ahead of them.

For once I'm with Bob with warranty claims, yes BMW are streets ahead with claims.

They have loads more than Triumph, in my own personal experience :D

For once I'm with Bob with warranty claims, yes BMW are streets ahead with claims.

They have loads more than Triumph, in my own personal experience :D

The beauty of no longer owning a Triumph is not having to deal with that cnut Mark Swepson when it is necessary to make a warranty claim relating to the legendary Triumph build quality.:D

There are a couple of second hand Guzzi's in Fowlers (Stelvio's) I saw at the weekend and they looked shocking in condition. i think they need a lot of care to keep them looking good . There was a 2000 GS1100 which looked in great nick by comparison . Italian bikes need a lot of love:thumb2

There are a couple of second hand Guzzi's in Fowlers (Stelvio's) I saw at the weekend and they looked shocking in condition. i think they need a lot of care to keep them looking good . There was a 2000 GS1100 which looked in great nick by comparison . Italian bikes need a lot of love:thumb2

BWM just isn't an option for me.....never again

I really wanted the new NTX despite the soft front end which I thought would not be to difficult to sort.
When Joanne and I went for a second look and test ride,I was on my own the first time,the bike was just to cramped two up the panniers made it difficult for the passenger to get their legs comfortable and if you ride on the balls of your feet you continually caught the pillions feet.
Loved the bike but not if you have a regular pillion,having said that I'm loving my dohc 1200gs.

Steve

I'm on my second Stelvio, a 2011 NTX with the large tank, I love it even more than the previous one.
In May 2009 I traded my R1150GS ( I owned this bike for six years and 30,000mls) for a new black 2009 model, fitted with TRAX panniers and heated grips. I kept the bike until October 2011, having covered 10,000 miles. I swapped it for the latest NTX. With this model Moto GUzzi have made a great bike even better.
The bike handles well, the brakes are good and the performance is on par with the GS1200, but the Guzzi has loads more character. The finish on my early Stelvio was far better than my GS1150, the BMW had paint flaking off the engine and fork legs after two years. Reliability has been good though not perfect, it needed a speedo sensor replacing due to heavy rain causing water ingress (done under warranty), a slight misfire was cured by fitting NGK plug caps, neither fault left me stranded, and Guzzi final drives seem to be more robust than the BMW one.
My wife and I find the bike comfortable for long touring trips, the seat is massive, just as well as I'm 6ft and 18stone (all muscle :D), my wife though is slim and finds the seat plenty big enough. The old Stelvio's fuel consumption improved as the miles racked up, it regularly gave 45mpg with mixed riding, the new bike is averaging over 50mpg but it's only done about 1100 miles to date (I've not been out on it since early December due to health issue)
The later Stelvio has a different fuel map and the Griso profile cams have been replaced with something a bit milder.
I have two close friends who have bought Stelvios over the last two years, came from BMWs. One bike sits out in all weathers 24/7 (no garage) in Edinburgh, is used regularly and hasn't given a moments trouble, and the finish is holding up very well. The other bike is also proving to be reliable.
Both owners and myself have no plans to change our bikes for the forseeable future, so depreciation isnt too much of an issue, but then it never has been for me in 38 years of riding. Get a Guzzi, Get a Grin! :)

Make sure when you try one to be on it for at least 1 hour, i found that the seat became extremely uncomfortable after an hour and just got worse as the ride went on needing plenty of breaks. I got a little respite from the uncomfortable seat by fitting an Airhawk cover it still wasn't perfect but an improvement.

I had a guzzi for 10 years before so I know what they're about. I also borrowed an NTX for a few days......I did over 400 miles on it!

Well your sorted then. The stelvio was my third Guzzi and i love em(still do) but the seat was a killer hence the change to a GS whether i come to regret changing remains to be seen, ask me in about 5000 miles or so :)

I found the seat fine when I rode it. I think I prefer the standard bike to the NTX though

Back
Top Bottom