How many R100GSPD's ?

Both very nice 'bikes though Rob - the guy with the classic doesn't seem to know he has a classic though (or does he???)

The guy with the classic looking bike states years of manufacture as 1992, I am under the impression the Classic was only manufacured in 95/96 plus it's very messed with. It was on ebay 18 months ago for anout £5k IIRC The other bike is Gary the dealer and he is always expensive but seems to get away with it

True :thumb2, classic's were 95/96 by my understanding. Mines on an N plate.

Gary Burton's bike's on the other hand to be fair, for the price - are truly exceptional and in excellent condition, i have seen them up close and the detail of work that goes in to them is outstanding (totally stripped to nothing and re-built). Never brought one from him though, just saying if i'd got the money it would be nice.

Rob wish i had got the money because at that price, yours is an excellent bike, good value and well worth it. Seen what you've done to it and it's a very usable, but increasing investment.

Good luck, someones going to be happy.

The guy with the classic looking bike states years of manufacture as 1992, I am under the impression the Classic was only manufacured in 95/96 plus it's very messed with. It was on ebay 18 months ago for anout £5k IIRC The other bike is Gary the dealer and he is always expensive but seems to get away with it

Gary from Derby's work is fantastic, better than factory fresh..

You going for Robs Faux Basic, ?? keep you gen' one for best :D..
It's a damn good price :thumb2
and I'll go and get it for you :D

You going for Robs Faux Basic, ?? keep you gen' one for best :D..
It's a damn good price :thumb2
and I'll go and get it for you :D

Rob's bike is certainly a stunner but I have 3 airhead keepers already. There is a nice Matchless for sale in the Classic section but I have just seen a barn find Brit bike in the Bonham auction, Shepton Mallet Classic Show, next month that will keep me busy for the rest of the year if I get lucky................

edit another faux PD special on ebay that looks like it will be expensive: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-R80-1...8224609?pt=UK_Motorcycles&hash=item27c2945161

So out of 12000 members we can only account for 14 PD's in the uk. Looks like that website may be right.

french pd

i,ve got a pd classic , it came from france . when the p/o registered it he didn't put pd on the logbook .
i've only had it for 6 years and didn't notice .
phoned swansea the other day and i'm gunna change the details .
is that 15 ? .

i,ve got a pd classic , it came from france . when the p/o registered it he didn't put pd on the logbook .
i've only had it for 6 years and didn't notice .
phoned swansea the other day and i'm gunna change the details .
is that 15 ? .

And yours has to the furthest north. Only ever got as far as Orkney's

:beerjug::beerjug:

shetland pd

as far as i know cobbster mine's the only airhead gs in shetland .
the only other tossers i know up here are ecowarrior and von k , lots of oilheads though ( how many are registered , bout 3 million ) .
come up and see shetland , you'll be very wellcome , ask farmer palmer .

Make that 18... I've had this one 8 years now... I got those panniers from Cookie many moons ago and still have them on it.

This was taken in the Czech Republic when they must store the paint and the 2nd pic is in Braunfells near the Leica factory in Germany, a superb place for a spot of touring and quaffing German beer:friday

AndyT

Attachments

• Czech tour_1.jpg
    Czech tour_1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 412
  • Czech tour_2.jpg
    Czech tour_2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
Looks like things are getting silly -

Ebay 170768392646 and 260940061411

£7k each :eek:

To be honest the red and white PD is virtually brand new and much better value thabn a new 1200GS in my opinion. I think I would pay that much fir such a bike as its such a classic and in such good condition. It would almost be a shame to get it wet.

The guy who is selling it is a top guy as well, met himn a few times and a real gemnuine bloke who loves his BMW's:thumb2

To be honest the red and white PD is virtually brand new and much better value thabn a new 1200GS in my opinion. I think I would pay that much fir such a bike as its such a classic and in such good condition. It would almost be a shame to get it wet.

The guy who is selling it is a top guy as well, met himn a few times and a real gemnuine bloke who loves his BMW's:thumb2

My mate bought it from Gary last week,i went up to pick it up in a van,agree with you, Gary`s a top bloke,the quality of his work is outstanding.:thumb2

Didn't you buy one off him only to have it stolen?

I did indeed Rob. I never got to ride it as it was stolen on my way home off the trailer.... that was a bad day when I found it missing and a worse day when I found it burnt out. The good old boys in blue did absolutely nothing except charge me £130 for removing the burnt out shell and keeping it:mad:

My current one is a replacement also from Gary:thumb2

Couple of days ago.

Can't post pic tonight as I'm at East Mids, there's one (photo) on the Belgium airheads site.

Garage is full now, but I'm happy.

Just need to insure it now, but CN are shafting me.

Back
Top Bottom