Camping Weekend 2/3/4 August 2012 @ Lower Lode inn Gloucestershire

High tone

Well, so far this seems to be a high class rally so I'm throwing my tent in to lower the tone by a bit!.
dave GS
Any payments required in advance? put me down for brekies on all days.

Hi, I am up for this too. Can I have a pitch please? - one tent, one GSA, lots of beer. :beerjug:

can i book two tents one gsa and a landrover please wife will be driving!!! can we bring a dog? he will clean up all the food left on the floor :augie

Room for two more

:beerjug:Two more pitches please, one for me Gsa and one for me mate retired 1150 rider,now a Z3 man:jager

Lode

Hi all the lode has been holding all sorts of bike events for over 20 years that's how long i have been going there. Sam the landlady will do all she can to make you welcome.

As for food the outside on site van can be very poor service/quality but the pub grub is A1

Wide variety of real ales at sensible prices good beer garden bang on the river bank.

Top site for a weekend do i have no association with the pub or staff but praise is due here i live in Gloucestershire its one of our best rally sites.

Hope to see you there Paul

Yeap dead right. Popular ride out spot for me. Decent grub and the beer looks good too ,:D:D:D

Is it ok just to turn up on the weekend? I can't say for sure if i can make it as this is in the middle of a very busy work period for me..:beerjug:

Is it ok just to turn up on the weekend? I can't say for sure if i can make it as this is in the middle of a very busy work period for me..:beerjug:

yes i will be giving approximate numbers a couple of weeks before so they can guage food levels for the pub but otherwise its pay as you stay:D

Just to confirm thats Fri 3rd & Sat 4th ... not the Thu night for me thanks.

We are making a long weekend of it and might need to set up the Gymkhana course if we can devise enough obsticles!! A bit of skill will be needed.

August is busy and I think the venue will suit couples as they seem very well organised. Rally support bus will be going and the mega omlette will make an apperance on the Sunday morning!

Mikey bring the Mrs!! get some brownie points
Hi all. I have not been to any event yet and this seems really intersting, esp as SWMBO might be keen.
SWMBO very interested but has forced me to ask (always nice to be able to blame someone else for stoopid quesions)
1) What a support bus does/ is?
2) I must assume we enjoy sitting around and chatting etc et al, but curious as to how we get said chairs to event when on Bike? Or is it a case of strapping em on?

I'd say serious replies only but I have been on this forum long enough to know I'll have to take some abuse before the truth will out. Look forward to that post. Cheers
Don

Hi all. I have not been to any event yet and this seems really intersting, esp as SWMBO might be keen.
SWMBO very interested but has forced me to ask (always nice to be able to blame someone else for stoopid quesions)
1) What a support bus does/ is?
2) I must assume we enjoy sitting around and chatting etc et al, but curious as to how we get said chairs to event when on Bike? Or is it a case of strapping em on?

I'd say serious replies only but I have been on this forum long enough to know I'll have to take some abuse before the truth will out. Look forward to that post. Cheers
Don

Hi Don

Support Bus is a bit of a Piss take from Mikey as its my Motorhome as Mrs Beano wont tent it anymore but anyone can pop round for a cuppa or a spoon of sugar.
Most of us can strap a cpl of camping chairs either on the back or on each pannier to get them to the site after the tent it the most important piece of kit. We have 6 chairs in the support bus so dont panic there are always a few spares,

Be nice to meet you and will be a good event for Swmbo as there are quite a few of managements going!

Pictures of the support bus at the Malvern meet last year below

Cheers:thumb2

Attachments

• IMG_8887.jpg
    IMG_8887.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 471
  • IMG_8860.jpg
    IMG_8860.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 371
Brilliant. Sounds awesome. We are cracking up here picturing the support vehicle!
I actually did strap 2 beach chairs, the tent, panniers and a boogie board to bike for the trip back from South of France! And then SWMBO was on it as well!
Just didn't want to arrive looking like the Clampetts! Will know for def if we can make it later only as have to check other dates. Thanks for the swift response

Back
Top Bottom