New RC30 for sale

Bikes like the RC30 are never gonna be great on the road, if I remember rightly the RC was supposed to be geared for about 82 in first, now I know modern superbikes all do that these days, but on a 180BHP bike it is easy, on the 100BHP RC30 I remember owners found them hard work around town, and at least one chap burnt the clutch out.

They are quite easy to ride around town, the tall 1st gearing is not much of a problem. The clutch is very much lighter than my SP1's was and the gearing maybe lower.

What is a problem is the heat that is generated by the engine when there is not lots of air being ducted through the radiator.

There is only one exit for the (very hot) air, which is onto the rider's upper inner thigh.... hot enough to feel like boiler water. It soon goes away when you crack on though. Several bods fit oversized radiators to help reduce the problem.

You run what is ostensibly an old racing motorcycle on the road and summat's not going to be quite right somewhere..... Me? I think all it just goes to prove how good modern off-the-shelf R1's, FireBlades or whatever are.

Got to ride one when they came out, Bob MacMillan who was the MD for Honda Motorcycles used to live close by, knew him previously so no contest said 'do you want to have a go on what I've got at home'.

202v49.jpg

Teejay

Back
Top Bottom