Norway.

LivNorway

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all!

I discovered some of you have been here and did NOT tell me! :mad:

The next time you come over PLEASE tell me that you are coming! :)

If I can, I hope to meet you when you are here!

PLEASE! Let me know! Please!
:rose

:beer: Liv.

Liv said:
Hi all!

I discovered some of you have been here and did NOT tell me! :mad:

The next time you come over PLEASE tell me that you are coming! :)

If I can, I hope to meet you when you are here!

PLEASE! Let me know! Please!
:rose

:beer: Liv.

OK Liv,

By the way is that a Trangia 27K you've got on yer head pal :confused: :D

Re: Re: Norway.

Alte Wolf said:
OK Liv,

By the way is that a Trangia 27K you've got on yer head pal :confused: :D

That's a wery personal question.
Come over, and I'll tell all about it!

;) Liv.

Visitin...

Hi Liv,

Myself and Vern were thinking of taking a trip over to Norway, possibly next year. We were hoping to tie the trip up with also obtaining some new tents from a company called Moskoselkatan; www.moskoselkatan.se. We were hoping that we could buy them cheaper in Norway by avoiding the duty that is astronomical over there. You have a dealer in Oslo; www.oslosportslager.no, on 23 32 62 50. Any chance of a favour? Could you contact them and find out how much a Tapp Varrie 7 with inner tent would cost us and make them aware of the fact we're from foreign shores and should be eligible to not pay any tax/duty on the tent over there?

Muchos appreciatos if you could assist us in this venture

Rich.

Hi Rich!

I'm sorry; I didn't see your post.

But I'll try to help!

And I hope to meet you over here!

:) Liv.

Cheers Liv,

Had some replies already, from various dealers in Europe, but they're all working out more expensive than over here. Which is proving something of a surprise!

Rich.

Hi Rich!

It does not surprise me that everyting is more expensive over here!

If you want me to figure out the prize, you have to tell me what tent you like; there are so many models from Moskoselkåtan.
And some are heavy; 12kg! But I guess that's a little willage! ;)

Click on ''Faktatabell'' and try to figure out your size there, -on www.moskoselkatan.se

Do you need a sleeping bag?
Ajungilak keeps you warm, maybe a little to warm in the summer.

Let me know your route, and I try to be a place on the route, not too far from Oslo!
Almost every wednesday I pass a campsite called Fjordcamp, south-east in Oslo; if you stay there I'll show you the local MC-cafè; Tyrigrava!

Good morning Liv:
June this year a small bunch of us, Flying Dutchman, Phillip J, Dave T and myself did the North Cape route. Left messages for you but you never replayed.

So don't complain, we did our bit....

Incidentally, it was one of the best trips ever. You should be proud of yopur country and your fellow citizien's....

Hi Liv, i'm after a Tapp Varrie 7 CP with inner tent. See what you can come up with and give me a shout at madm... @tesco.net

Cheers

Rich.

Sorry, forgot:

Check this one, lads. could be a good alternative. In fact, I'm seriously considering buying one.

http://www.golite.co.uk/scstore/scstore/product_categories/products/hex2.html

By the other hand, in Norway we didn't use the tent a single nigth. we were staying in those wood huts that are a treat after a long day, they are not expensive (10-15 quids average) and they are everywere...

Next time I won't bother taking camping stuff....

I'm sorry, Yosi!

I was on holiday myselfes in July; me and my boyfriend travelled in the south and west, and we met Dutchman at Gudvangen.

But next summer, Yosi; I hope we are coming over!
Keep your eyes open and look for a blue Scarver and a black K100RS!

I'm glad you liked Norway!
So maybe you'll get back here some day?

TOT05

Liv it would be nice to see you next year. Have a look at this link and you will see the are around 30 of us passing through Norway. See you then.

Thank you, Gazza! :clap

When?
You are not going to be close to Oslo / Tyrigrava on a Wednesday?

Ferry Sandefjord (Norway) - (Sweden)Strømstad?

I hope I can meet you in one of those two places! And hear all the engines! -That's music!

Liv said:
I'm sorry, Yosi!

I was on holiday myselfes in July; me and my boyfriend travelled in the south and west, and we met Dutchman at Gudvangen.

But next summer, Yosi; I hope we are coming over!
Keep your eyes open and look for a blue Scarver and a black K100RS!

I'm glad you liked Norway!
So maybe you'll get back here some day?

Is not a question of if, but when I'm coming back. Fall in love with the place...

Certainly I'll ley you know...

Liv told me!

Hello to all of you:)

Just signed in; Liv, my very good friend, told me there will be approx. 30 bikes with people coming over to the Baltic next year! Thrilling news, but it seems to me that your route does not include MY city, Vilnius? Am I right?

I am an Norwegian too, living the easy and simple life here in Vilnius. 3 years since I moved from the promised land (Norway) to settle down here in Vilnius. Never looked back:) Current bikes; my hero "The Red Baron", my Dnepr (and hero) my green Ural and my "baby" the midtnight blue 2004 F650CSA; nearly 20000km so far this year, including two trips to Norway (BMW) She told me to repair my camera, buy loads of film ++ and wait for the blessed people from the one and only UK, to arrive! And I will:)

She told me to give some good advice/warnings, but you should know by now; never, ever lieve something to or with your bike! Never, ever!! Some places hotels/motels works together/giving info. to those scumbags with no, or zero respect for other peoples property; you can lock it up ++, but the next morning your babies are gone! Nobody saw, nobody heard, nothing!

Here I go again, lot of talking with nearly nothing to say!:) Would be nice to hear from someone, sometimes:) Vilnius is a MUST:beer:

Best regards from Vilnius

Rolf (concidering the new K1200S next year! Must be a midlifething, or?:D)

Hi dnepr1036!

Welcome! :)

If you mange to persuade the guys to pay Vilnius a wisit; you're lucky!

That must be the first time in history so many bikes, and BMW's, are in the city!

Tell the folks how many BMW's you see in your neighbourhood, and how many Scarvers there are in Lithuania!

Move over to the other link I gave you, the Tosser-on-tour - or what's the name, and lighten up the people!

Klem til deg, Rolf!

Hei Liv, and hello!

Thanks for the welcome:)

Like I said; a trip to Vilnius- a must!! Coming from Latvia, turn slightly more to the left and roll on!

Not the first time Liv:) Every season-opening (and ending) there are in fact a LOT of bikes here, coming from all over Lithuania and the Baltics, but after the opening-day and before the ending, you hardly see them!

About BMW? Not many, and my Scarver? The only one in Lithuania!:)

I'll try to find this Tosser-place and move on!

Best regards from Vilnius
og klem til deg Liv!

Rolf

Madmountainman said:
Hi Liv, i'm after a Tapp Varrie 7 CP with inner tent. See what you can come up with and give me a shout at madm... @tesco.net

Cheers

Rich.

Hi Rich.

I e-mailed you, but I'm not sure I did it right.
-And perhaps the others here wants to know the prize?

The prize here; NOK10950,- and you get 16-17% discount, not all the tax (24%) because you have to pay a fee to an office.
So you have to pay, in NOK: 9089,- - 9198,- .

The salesman told me it's nearly the same prize for you here as it is in UK.
Sorry!

-Why are tents so expencive?
-Am I going to be rich If I start to make tents myselfes?

Did the Nordkapp run last August and had some good advice from you.

I can't believe we didn't think to try to meet up with you as we have some friends in Oslo (even if one of them is Icelandic!) and passed through your city.

We will without question be going back at some point as the three weeks were nowhere near long enough to see what we wanted to see.

A fabulous part of the world and I can't reccomend it strongly enough to anyone. You stop caring about the expense as it's always worth it.

I promise we'll let you know next time!

schiannini said:
Did the Nordkapp run last August and had some good advice from you.

I can't believe we didn't think to try to meet up with you as we have some friends in Oslo (even if one of them is Icelandic!) and passed through your city.

We will without question be going back at some point as the three weeks were nowhere near long enough to see what we wanted to see.

A fabulous part of the world and I can't reccomend it strongly enough to anyone. You stop caring about the expense as it's always worth it.

I promise we'll let you know next time!

I'm glad to here you like Norway!

I'm coming over to UK this summer,
-perhaps you see a blue Scarver and a black K100 on the road?
The first weekend in July we plan to be in York or Whitby. And then our ferry leave Newcastle on monday.

But first we go up to Edinburgh!
I don't know ''where or what'' we do the first days in Edinburgh or in that area; we let Dutchman tell us what to do and where to go for some days!

Back
Top Bottom