Honda Crosstourer

P1030671a.jpg

Seems like a nice bike to own,

If you were blind.

Its soooooooo fecking bland. These slanty eyed honda folk do reasonably well with their sporty bikes, but that crosstourer is just so boring to look at.

Look, you may think that looks are unimportant, as long as it goes well. Thats why you married the plainest, but most efficient woman you could find eh?

Its not even got 'quirky' looks.

Oops, Ive just woken-up. I must have fallen asleep because my brain was flooded with blandness , sorry.

I will give them my 'spread test'

I can still look a a 1100/1150 and find it interesting. Lurpack.
The triumph explorary thing could warrant an extended viewing. Maybe even a squat for a better look at things. Anchor
Stelvio could keep me stationary for several minutes. Kerrigold
Yameha ...forgot the name, but you know what one I mean. Very 'inspectable'. Country life.
KTm's, peruse for a minute or two, but not much more, (sorry Deek) Wheelbarrow.
Ordinary 1200 ..... a walk past without stopping. I cant believe its not butter.

Honda ... walk past without noticing it was there. Stork.

If you were blind.

Its soooooooo fecking bland. These slanty eyed honda folk do reasonably well with their sporty bikes, but that crosstourer is just so boring to look at.

Look, you may think that looks are unimportant, as long as it goes well. Thats why you married the plainest, but most efficient woman you could find eh?

Oops, Ive just woken-up. I must have fallen asleep because my brain was flooded with blandness , sorry.

The triumph explorary thing could warrant an extended viewing. Maybe even a squat for a better look at things. Anchor
Yameha ...forgot the name, but you know what one I mean. Very 'inspectable'. Country life.
Ordinary 1200 ..... a walk past without stopping. I cant believe its not butter.

I'm more interested in how it performs rather than how it looks. I buy a bike for me not to impress others. Rode a new GS a couple of days ago and absolutely loved it. But will wait to try the WC first then the CT DSC before making a change. :thumb

Maybe Honda could bring out a new slogan for the CT (or many of their other bikes).

Not for the Shallow Hals !

:aidan

If you were blind.

And that Den, sums up it perfectly

Love the Stork analogy

Read a tale of woe about a ct on another website! ORV hondas! All is not as gold as painted! Exploding clutch and poor dealer response!. Seems like the big H can have an off day!

If you were blind.

yawwwwnnnnnn,,,,,,,,,

Someone who obviously prefers how a bike looks instead of how it rides.

Says it all really.

Although I still have my F8GS, I actually also took delivery of a new Crosstourer last week and I am mightily impressed so far !

I was looking for a bike to haul us down to Italy next year and as much as I love the 8GS, doing long motorway miles isn't its forte.

Originally road tested a K13s and K13R and had almost put a deposit down on the S but I got totally screwed about by the local BMW dealer in Dundee so the following day I test rode the Honda. I was actually blown away by the torque and flickability of the Crosstourer, so much so I put a deposit down on a black one when we got back from the test !

Since picking it up and finding more about it, I really am impressed by the ride and the build quality.

I will still use the GS for commuting and short runs to the West Coast but for longer runs the CT will be the beast to use.

I didn't look at the Triumph because I have had previous experience of owning one and wasn't impressed. I also think the Triumphs look unfinished.

I wouldn't touch a Boxer engine with a bargepole (sorry!) having hired one for 3 weeks in New Zealand a couple of years ago so until the CT came out there wasn't much choice.

There is now !!

P1030675a.jpg

P1030671a.jpg

Fantastic looking bikes these (Along with the NC700X and the CrossRunner)
Following your thoughts with interest :thumb2

Enjoy.

I just think we all have our own thoughts on bikes, or we'd all be riding the same things.

Just get fed up with people slagging this bike or that bike off coz they don't like it.

I hate KTM's (after a front brake seizure) and anything with a Boxer engine (had a 1150 for 3 weeks in New Zealand) but thats my opinion and I wouldn't expect anyone else to think the same.

To me, anyone slagging any bike off coz of the way they look isn't an opinion I'm bothered about. I never said the CT was the perfect bike I just said I liked it and that why I bought it.

I like my Blackbird, F800GS and the CT all for different reasons.

Just ride what you like.

I just think we all have our own thoughts on bikes, or we'd all be riding the same things.

Just get fed up with people slagging this bike or that bike off coz they don't like it.

I hate KTM's (after a front brake seizure) and anything with a Boxer engine (had a 1150 for 3 weeks in New Zealand) but thats my opinion and I wouldn't expect anyone else to think the same.

To me, anyone slagging any bike off coz of the way they look isn't an opinion I'm bothered about. I never said the CT was the perfect bike I just said I liked it and that why I bought it.

I like my Blackbird, F800GS and the CT all for different reasons.

Just ride what you like.

Well said.

:thumb2

yawwwwnnnnnn,,,,,,,,,

Someone who obviously prefers how a bike looks instead of how it rides.

Says it all really.

Aye ... ye might be right, after all, Ive only put 200.000 miles on my last 3 gs's and visited about 20 countries.

But I look in a lot of big shop windows on the way.

I like the things I have to look pleasing to ME. Dont give a toss what others think. Ive had a K1 furfuckssake.

I suppose you and DavyF are deep and thoughtful.

Shallow Den .... read me.

Crosstouer and Explorer are both great bikes.

Not having bought an "adventure" bike yet I am still swaying towards the GS.

The CT is heavy & that v4 ( as brilliant and engine as it is ) is thirsrty.

Triumph are chasing bhp as well, but thats not where its at for these type bikes is it ?

Crosstouer and Explorer are both great bikes.

Not having bought an "adventure" bike yet I am still swaying towards the GS.

The CT is heavy & that v4 ( as brilliant and engine as it is ) is thirsrty.

Triumph are chasing bhp as well, but thats not where its at for these type bikes is it ?

The scales say the Crosstourer is heavy, but ride it and the weight disappears and with a slightly lower seat height than my 1200GS, I can get my feet down more securely so it’s not a problem.

As to fuel consumption, the Crosstourer is proving to be slightly thirstier than my GS, doing an average of 46/47mpg compared to 49 for the GS. But if I'd wanted economical, I’ve have bought a CB500.

Back
Top Bottom