Honda Crosstourer

I have never ridden one, i know i would like it but it is a heave bugger and high up weight compared to the GS

Once it's moving it really doesn't feel any different. Worth a demo. 7k so far of trouble free miles - it's a Honda after all :beerjug:

Nowhere near a dealer so we have to pop in when we are in the UK or NI and Dublin is not too bad. I tried the Versis at McCalums a great dealership.
That was spot on i could have ridden it all day but i wouldn't buy one, not high tech enough for me but a great bike.

Nowhere near a dealer so we have to pop in when we are in the UK or NI and Dublin is not too bad. I tried the Versis at McCalums a great dealership.
That was spot on i could have ridden it all day but i wouldn't buy one, not high tech enough for me but a great bike.

Dude - the Versys is a monstrosity :blast

Shame you don't have a dealer nearby cos the DCT would appeal to the techie in you. Works a dream.

Dude - the Versys is a monstrosity :blast

+1

The Versys 1000 is the only adventure bike of note that I haven't bothered having a demo ride on. It makes a GS look like a supermodel and the IL4 engine just doesn't do it for me. I'm not saying that it isn't a good machine, as there's not really any bad bike out there these days, and I'm sure it rides very nicely. But it just leaves me cold.

Interesting thread this. I'm on my 2nd 12RT. The 1st was the least reliable motorbike I've ever owned in 34 years but I liked it so much I thought I'd give BMW the benefit of the doubt and bought a new one in 2011.
Despite being less than 2 years old this one let me down whilst on my 'dream' holiday, a 50th birthday present I'd been saving for and looking forward to for a couple of years. It was in intermittent fault that couldn't be fixed while I was away due to a European Wide lack of the neccesary replacement part. The bike refused to start on 4 desperate occasions and this really took the edge off the holiday.

So my next bike won't be a BMW.

I've started looking round at the options but having owned Honda's in the past am veering towards the Crosstourer or The Pan. The truth is, however, the Pan needs seriously updating IMO and I'm not impressed by the looks of the CT.

Unfortunately BMW make the only 2 bikes I really like but poor reliability and a singular lack of customer care from BMW customer services preclude me from buying either.

May just get sell the RT and take a few years off until BMW sort themselves out or Honda upgrade the Pan/re-model the CT.

Timaloy: I agree with much of your thoughts, but having owned more than a few BMWs over the past 30 odd years I think that perhaps you have been a little unlucky with your BMW woes. or perhaps I have just been lucky.
Having said that, I have recently transferred my affections to Honda, first with the Integra 700cc DCT, joined by a manual Crosstourer, which, whilst is still new to me, has greatly impressed me, particularly that V4 engine, so much so that I'm thinking about changing it for the DCT version instead. All I really need to resolve is panniers and I'm hoping that touratech or preferably MM will come up with some frames.

Back
Top Bottom