Air filter cleaning stuff

Greg Masters

'Don't mess with me' Member
Mod Squad
Reaction score
What’s the name of the proprietary product for washing foam air filters in a washing machine?

:confused:

Greg

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hp5BXanZdio&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hp5BXanZdio&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></embed></object>

No Toil

:thumb2

Hey Greg - Have you used it yet? Would be interested in a 1st hand view on this stuff. Sounds brill in principle.

Top thread! Just ordered some of the No Toil stuff - 2 filters (seriously manky) that need doing, will post back how it goes........

Top thread! Just ordered some of the No Toil stuff - 2 filters (seriously manky) that need doing, will post back how it goes........

I'll hold off buying until you report then ....

(still got a stack of Andalucian dust on both my filters! :rolleyes:)

Greg

I bought some in Colorado after having to clean or change my filter every day it's called Kawa Chem, by Kawasaki.
Brilliant stuff, I use it on all my sponge filters now but wash mine by hand so I know no damage is done.:thumb

I'll hold off buying until you report then ....

(still got a stack of Andalucian dust on both my filters! :rolleyes:)

Greg

OK, its arrived this morning :thumb2

Will try it tonight and post back tonight how it goes! With pics no less :D

OK, just given it a go. Like it. Seems to do a good job.

Keep in mind the instructions say it is really for use with filters coated in No Toil air filter oil, but mine weren't. I tested it on 2 filters, one for a 690 and one for a 525.

They came up pretty good I think. See what you reckon - next test will be to buy a brand new filter for either my 525 or 690 and coat it in No Toil air filter oil and then clean it at a later stage with No Toil filter cleaner.

But it does to bring them up well - apologies I jumped in and cleaned the 690 filter (the oblong one) without a "before shot", but trust me, it was minging :eek

525 filter Before:

before.jpg

525 filter After (note the oblong one is the 690 one I did):

after.jpg

Update: Just bought a pre-oiled No Toil filter for the 525 - will fit that soon and see how it goes when I come to clean it and post back.

Looking good. Thanks for the update & pix dakarDude.

BTW - What grease do you use to seal your air filter ? Numpty Q I know, but then am new to this KTM lark. The manual just says LongLife Grease I think...

Looking good. Thanks for the update & pix dakarDude.

BTW - What grease do you use to seal your air filter ? Numpty Q I know, but then am new to this KTM lark. The manual just says LongLife Grease I think...

No worries. :thumb2

Gotta be honest, my existing filter oil is a spray can of some generic s**t off Ebay. Worst of all, its fecking pink coloured :barf

I'm gonna try switching to No Toil and see what a difference it makes.

Sorry I meant grease to seal the air filter support to the air filter box. Not the oil used on the foam filter.

Have ordered some Notoil filter (1.7kg) cleaner & oil (2 litres).

Cleaned my filter the other day for the first time using Putoline air filter cleaner and hated the lingering smell of solvents.

M.

Have ordered some Notoil filter (1.7kg) cleaner & oil (2 litres).

Cleaned my filter the other day for the first time using Putoline air filter cleaner and hated the lingering smell of solvents.

M.

+1 - same ere, next filter I will start with NoToil oil and then do a clean of the filter with NoToil cleaner and post back.

My No Toil twinpack arrived yesterday and I've washed my filters. To be fair, the washing power does say it's designed for No Toil oil but it made the filters reasonably clean.

I'm almost looking forward to see how well they come up when they have been used with No Toil filter oil.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom