Visa for Ukraine

JJohn Welland

Reaction score
Hi all, i have just been on the www.fco.gov.uk web site and there it says that i do not need a visa to enter the Ukraine providing my stay is no more than 90 days. Plan to tour there in september and other sites say i need one, you lads have been there do i need one?
Cheers
John

No, u dont one on a uk passport but get an international driving permit

Correct - no visa , they'll just stamp your passport in and out when you leave. I'd wait a bit before going through - it's about -33c there just now!! :eek

As above, no visa required but do get an International driving permit. It gives you somewhere to keep the cash for the police......

have fun!

Insurance can be bought just the other side of the border

Do tell more on the price please - will be there for a few days in May & just know my current policy won't cover it.

no visa required

You will not need a visa and you do not need to register anywhere, you may or may not need to buy insurance at the border, it depends on oh the day of the week, colour of your eyes, what song is playing on the radio. Make sure you have an international driving permit, although in 10 years I have never been asked for it. Make sure you have all original documents with you not photocopies, V5, driving licence, insurance in u.k. and m.o.t. also the bike has to registered in the drivers name, and in Ukraine you cannot ride or drive a vehicle that is not yours.i:e borrow your mates bike. Stick to the speed limits, be on the lookout for oncoming vehicles on your side of the road, flashing lights mean a speed trap ahead, although this practice is getting less and less. You may be stopped and asked for a fine, always ask to see his i.d and ask him to write his name and number, there are currently numerous bandits stopping foreign vehicles and demanding money illegally.
Try to find a hotel with secure parking and secure your machine. Never buy petrol if offered at the side of the road, it will be contanimated.

I have lived here for 10 years and treat all road users here as idiots. Highest death rate and could not care less attitude by the police make the roads interesting, the police will see you as a cashpoint and have now latched on to the credit card thing and will offer to accompany you to the cashpoint. They also will now prefer local currency due to new changes in money changing regulations.

Have fun ride safe, oh and zero tolerance for drink driving, do not have a beer in the evening and drive the next morning if you think you might have some alcohol left in your bloodstream. If you are stopped and he insisits you have been drinking, offer to have a blood test at the nearest hospital, he will not want to spend time away from his personal cash cow piece of road.

hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom