Project Guzzi

Update

The tank & mudguard are now at the painters, no idea on time frame though as he is v' busy at the moment.

Posted the piccies below on a previous thead but thought I would add them here . I replaced the original rocket launcher/turbine with a GPR Carbon Silencer before Xmas.

untitled1.jpg

untitled2.jpg

untitled3.jpg

Nicely made can at a very good price, clear fitment instructions, even comes with a spring removal tool in the box which I found but only after I'd made one out of coat hanger to take the stock silencer off:blast.

Andres - the baffle has come out now:thumb

guzzi

Hi Rushy

Reading your thread :D glad you've got over the initial hicup when you bought the bike, looks better with the new end can, prob sounds nice too. Will keep a look out for new paint job. 'Enjoy' still a great looking bike:thumb2
Bob.

Hi Rushy

Reading your thread :D glad you've got over the initial hicup when you bought the bike, looks better with the new end can, prob sounds nice too. Will keep a look out for new paint job. 'Enjoy' still a great looking bike:thumb2
Bob.

Hiya Bob, yeah bad timing that bloody bearing going so early on, missed all that good September weather too , all forgotten now.

The bike certainly looks good I just need to ride it more which I hope to do this year....the paint job is not going to change the bike much TBH ..just a minor tweak..... a centre stand would be a useful improvement....do you know anybody who might be able to help with that? :augie

:thumb

Ooh! I do like Guzzis!!! A lot!!! :drool

That GPR carbon end can looks the dogz bollox too :thumb

Thats the problem with internet forums.....

I've been for spin out on the Guzzi today, only the 2nd ride in 2 months (how nice was the weather?!) and was trying to pay close attention to revs and how she fuelled.

I was pleasantly surprised to realise that quite honestly the fuelling isn't bad at all, in fact in every gear but top she'll happily pull from as low as 1.8k revs with no hesitation / problem at all. The issue with the slight surge when opening up from a closed throttle is there, and the Guzzi lurch, but if you set up for the corner nice and early its not too big an issue either. I think part of the perceived problem may also have been from previously trying to follow with a mate on his 990ADV on the sort of nadgery B roads I used to ride on the GS but the Guzzi prefers A roads a bit more.

Put simply there was something there I didn't like and over the winter I have been searching internet forums, reading about other owners "issues" and guys spending loads of dosh on fixes and I'd convinced myself I needed to do the same. Loads of them complain too about poppin and banging on the overrun, mine doesn't .

As a few of you stated in your replies I think its something you just have to learn to live with. I rode an 1100/1150GS for 6 years and 60,00miles I reckon they had foibles too but I just got used to them......

As the old sage Mort stated some of the foibles can be fixed by improving the riding position / comfort so thats what I'll do first. A PC V may follow with time because a remap may still prove to be an improvement over standard.

So either some Renthals or Tuono bars are next and I spoke to a nice guy in Seattle WA who will supply me with these new adjustable footpegs for a Norge that will fit my bike. The standard gear lever and brake pedal use a similar 'rotational' method of adjustment.

NORGEPEGS001.jpg

980129-002.jpg

I know that much of this drivel is of no interest as most as ride GSes but I quite like writing something to do with actual motorbikes instead of just replying to most of the other bollox that I read "in the pub" like I usually do:p

Dont keep us in suspense, wheres the piccies of the new paint:blast

Dont keep us in suspense, wheres the piccies of the new paint:blast

The tank and mudguard are still with him down in the West Mids area. I probably wont be able to pick them up until Thursday.
Dont get too excited cos its really only a couple of stripes and they don't even go the full length of either the tank or the mudguard.....I'll post the pictures and you'll all shout " Is that all !!!!?? ":p

Ooooh - i love those adjustable pegs and levers. :drool
appeals to my desire for detail and precision ....

or O.C.D as others may call it. :rolleyes: :D

I'm enjoying ready this thread Rushy :thumb2

Who produces those pegs, I could do with lowering the pegs on my Griso and they seem just the ticket?

Andres

Ooooh - i love those adjustable pegs and levers. :drool
appeals to my desire for detail and precision ....

or O.C.D as others may call it. :rolleyes: :D

I'm enjoying ready this thread Rushy :thumb2

Who produces those pegs, I could do with lowering the pegs on my Griso and they seem just the ticket?

Andres

You likee ? They are $170 US plus shipping . I will PM you the details Andres:thumb

Hey Andres,

Do you fancy doing a project on your Griso;

Click here to get some ideas....

Forgot to mention in my last post that she was deffo reacting badly to surface changes and white lines on my ride out so I checked out my tyres and was really surprised to see how much the past 800 miles seems to have squared the front off in particular. I wonder if that's why she doesn't turn in the way I'd like her too:blast.....what a fekkin numpty.:p

I reckon she'll probably be great with some new boots on, Metzeler Sportec M3s are fitted at the mo but I'll probably try some Michelin Pilot Road 3s.

Hey Andres,

Do you fancy doing a project on your Griso;

Click here to get some ideas....

I reckon she'll probably be great with some new boots on, Metzeler Sportec M3s are fitted at the mo but I'll probably try some Michelin Pilot Road 3s.

That's quite a cool bike isn't it - sort of 'Superduke' / SM hybrid - I like it.

I really like the Griso's the way they are though and decided, when I bought mine, to leave it stock. It's only got a pipe and hugger which is how I'm gonna leave it. I may even take the hugger off as it looks better without IMHO.

I'm running M3's at the moment too and on my 2nd rear - can't say the front is squared off at all on mine but the rear wears out scarily fast. I can't fault their dry weather performance though; they handle and stick to the road really well and seem to suit the bike.

I'll be interested to see how the Michelins suit yours :)

Andres

I'm running M3's at the moment too and on my 2nd rear - can't say the front is squared off at all on mine but the rear wears out scarily fast. I can't fault their dry weather performance though; they handle and stick to the road really well and seem to suit the bike.

I'll be interested to see how the Michelins suit yours :)

Andres

Did a bit of googling and quite few peeps on diff' forums saying that the Metzeler M3 is a really great tyre but the mileage they get out of em is poor/they suddenly wear out quickly which certainly matches my experience. The M3 has been replaced by the M5 (5 compounds) which also got fantastic journo reviews when it was launched but I cant seem to find much written by peeps who have used them long term.

Might just go with the Metzelers again and get the M5. I'm going to price them both up tomorrow.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom