2012 prices

cliff

Reaction score
I was having a look on line at Keith Dixon yamaha and he has a 2012 new bike with side cases top box and fittings, Yamaha heated grips, spot lights under the headlights and basically a total of £1700 worth of extras and his price is £12.850 The rrp is £11999 so is this a bargain or are there better deals out there.

Cliff

Hi Cliff, if you go to "bikes for sale" on the MCN website, you will see new bikes advertised for just under £10000 without extras. If you look in used bikes on the Keith Dixon website you will find a new S10 for £10899 without extras and obviously cheaper than the £12899 one with extras if that makes sense.

However, I have had lots of dealings with Keith Dixon and is more than willing to negotiate with price reductions, extras thrown in for free or superb p/ex allowances.

I have recentlly bought a new s10 off him and got a really good deal, complete with many extras. Admitedly I've bought a few bikes from him over the years but have always been impressed at the way I have been treated.

Getting one for the cheapest basic price is never the full story. I have no connections with Keith Dixon other than being a satisfied customer.

Hope this helps

bigk

Hi Cliff, if you go to "bikes for sale" on the MCN website, you will see new bikes advertised for just under £10000 without extras. If you look in used bikes on the Keith Dixon website you will find a new S10 for £10899 without extras and obviously cheaper than the £12899 one with extras if that makes sense.

However, I have had lots of dealings with Keith Dixon and is more than willing to negotiate with price reductions, extras thrown in for free or superb p/ex allowances.

I have recentlly bought a new s10 off him and got a really good deal, complete with many extras. Admitedly I've bought a few bikes from him over the years but have always been impressed at the way I have been treated.

Getting one for the cheapest basic price is never the full story. I have no connections with Keith Dixon other than being a satisfied customer.

Hope this helps

bigk

This is the latest offer i have found which does seem tempting.

SUPER TENERE - 2012 - CHOICE OF CURRENT COLOURS

HIGH WIND SCREEN
WIND DEFLECTORS
TOPCASE
SIDECASES
INNER BAGS FOR ALL CASES
HEADLIGHT PROTECTOR
FOG LAMP KIT
ENGINE GUARD
SKID PLATE
HEATED GRIPS
FENDA EXTENDA

FULLY FITTED AND ON THE ROAD FOR £13425.00

Using the Fantastic finance deal we have you can place a £1500 deposit and have your Super Tenene for only £380.84 a month.

so for you guys that have one ordered for the new registration or who are searching for the best deals does this sound ok.

I did add up all the extras and they come to £2,406.18p

Cliff

Hi Cliff, sounds a bit expensive to me. It means that you're paying just over £11000 for the standard bike plus the extra bits at full retail price. Not long ago new ones were going for just under £10k and dealers normally throw extras in for nothing/cost price depending on how astute you are at negotiating.
Did you try Keith Dixon's at Accrington ?

Just my take on your question:nenau

Keith

Hi Keith

I did look at Keith Dixon's and he still has some 2010/11 blue bikes for 10.800 and the 2012 Black one on the website with the extras for 12.850 but that bike does not have the crash bars,inner bags for top box and side cases, high screen,wind deflector kit.The main thing is i have time to search for what i want and will also be test riding,the gtr1400 and rt1200 next weekend to see if they tick my boxes.

Cliff

Skellerns in Worcester have a basic 2011 demo model for £9999 ( see their web site ), but won't negoiate on price at all ( as I mentioned before, I need Tobers negoiating skills :(.....so, I'm waiting . Maybe I should up my offer a bit.
I don't understand how some forum members have managed to get demo 2011 bikes for less than £8k ! I'm missing a trick somewhere!!:confused:

good luck with the decision

Hi Keith

I did look at Keith Dixon's and he still has some 2010/11 blue bikes for 10.800 and the 2012 Black one on the website with the extras for 12.850 but that bike does not have the crash bars,inner bags for top box and side cases, high screen,wind deflector kit.The main thing is i have time to search for what i want and will also be test riding,the gtr1400 and rt1200 next weekend to see if they tick my boxes.

Cliff

I was in Keith Dixon's yesterday. The bike has a Givi Air Flow screen which I find to be fantastic and winglets. I also think the tank bag is included.

As bigk says, Keith Dixon (very complicated when everyone is called 'Keith') is always willing to negotiate.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom