Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nippy Normans

Nippy Normans

Was reading through another thread when someone mentioned Nippy Normans (http://www.nippynormans.com/).

Had a gander at their web-site and sure enough, they stock a reasonable amount of things for the RT.

I just recently bought a TomTom Urban Rider which came with a RAM Mount. Was able to fit the RAM Mount to the handlebar but really, it was a pretty poor fit in a pretty poor location.

Noticed that Nippy Normans sold a High Level GPS Mount which would let me fit the Sat-Nav just above the dash. E-mailed them to check it would fit my bike and my Sat-Nav ok and they e-mailed me back the next morning.

Ordered that day and it arrived two days later. Spent just over an hour fitting it this evening. Instructions were A OK and all parts present and correct. Fits really well and seems to be a good quality product.

Folk can be quick to complain sometimes but just felt I should mention great service from Nippy Normans. Dare say I'll be back at some point to buy more bling.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    He's not called 'Nippy' for nothing.
    Dave D.

[/url]

A top vendor and a top banana

.....hope he doesn't mind being called a banana

Arch

Retired full time bike farkler Click here to find out how to Subscribe

GREAT SERVICE

I ordered a Mudsling max and a week later decided I wanted the avant fenda extenda, in hindsight I should have ordered a combo pack which is £30 cheaper, emailed NN and they organised an avant posted out for £20 , basically the same price i would have paid if I'd ordered the correct product.

Very happy with them

top service

had 3 deliveries of bling top services but the wife spots them every time with the bright orange tape with nippy norms bmw all over them.

I've used them a few times myself and the service has always been top notch!

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

not so nippy

hi all ,
    maybe ive been unlucky,but the service ive had from "not" nippy norman is poor,i ordered a headlight grill on 22/6/12 , a week later no grill,e-mailed, was told courier had returned parcel ,because of address problem,my address was correct. eventually recieved grill,doh ! grill doesnt fit,e-mailed and was told that i had ordered the wrong grill. i checked web site ,my bike was listed as a correct fit for this grill, i e-mailed to tell him web page info is wrong,was asked to return grill ,at my cost,then i got a phone call asking for more money, plus postage for the correct grill,when told this situation was his fault he paid the postage cost,still waiting for delivery !
    customer service dept must be on holiday,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by morris View Post
    hi all ,
    maybe ive been unlucky,but the service ive had from "not" nippy norman is poor,i ordered a headlight grill on 22/6/12 , a week later no grill,e-mailed, was told courier had returned parcel ,because of address problem,my address was correct. eventually recieved grill,doh ! grill doesnt fit,e-mailed and was told that i had ordered the wrong grill. i checked web site ,my bike was listed as a correct fit for this grill, i e-mailed to tell him web page info is wrong,was asked to return grill ,at my cost,then i got a phone call asking for more money, plus postage for the correct grill,when told this situation was his fault he paid the postage cost,still waiting for delivery !
    customer service dept must be on holiday,,,,
    not an uncommon response for NN. there are quite a few similar reports.

i ordered once from NN, that was my last.

Used NN again this week.
    Prompt service as always :-)

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Had one order that took a few weeks, other than that been absolutely a1 in every respect.

Very good seller imo.

Mmmmm maybe you should judge a company by how they react when things go wrong. I have used NN for 4 years and they have been faultless. About 10 days ago, I ordered £200+ worth of stuff which didn't arrive. NN don't seem at all interested. There's no proof of posting, no tracking information, nothing. They don't seem to have any process in place to handle such situations; the delivery required no signature but they are adamant they sent it so that seems to be where they believe their responsibility ends. At NN's request I have been down to the sorting office who have no record of a delivery.

The implication in their communication is that I'm trying a low life scam (I'm not). It looks like I'll have no option but to go through the Paypal dispute process. Oh joy. Last time I'll order anything from NN unless they change their attitude towards a (once) loyal customer.

I ordered a gear lever off NN and a few days later I received an email off them saying the part was out of stock at the manufactures and was going to be 4 weeks. Ok these things happen so I waited about 6 weeks and nothing so I emailed NN. I received a reply saying telling me it was going to be a further 6 weeks and that was that.
    Now what annoyed me was I shouldn't have had to chase him up to find out what was happening and he should of offered me a refund when he found out it was going to be a 12 week wait but nothing all I got was its going to be a further 6 weeks.
    If he had done either of them things I would of waited and been happy about it but instead I asked for a refund and bought from Touratech.

undead Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    never had a problem with anything ordered from NN most of the time next day delivery

always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.

Just to add my tuppence worth...

I find NN's service is fine as long as a) whatever you want is standard and in stock and b) you have no need to communicate with them. Name me any other retailer that won't talk to its customers on the phone FFS!

I've bought quite a bit of stuff off them over the last year or so and have run into issues on two occasions because they seem incapable of actually reading an e-mail properly or considering their response. The answer is usually 'yes, that'll be fine' or 'it'll fit, no problem' until you find out that it doesn't! On both occasions I sent an e-mail explaining what they got wrong and expressing my disappointment with their lack of care - no response in either case.

They did reasonably well getting some replacements for faulty components from Germany for me but, again, didn't communicate timescales, or what they were up to until I got a bit shirty.

In summary then - great for 'box shifting'; totally useless at communication... overall not really 'up there' when comes to actual 'customer service'.

Quote Originally Posted by E. Buygum View Post
    Mmmmm maybe you should judge a company by how they react when things go wrong. I have used NN for 4 years and they have been faultless. About 10 days ago, I ordered £200+ worth of stuff which didn't arrive. NN don't seem at all interested. There's no proof of posting, no tracking information, nothing. They don't seem to have any process in place to handle such situations; the delivery required no signature but they are adamant they sent it so that seems to be where they believe their responsibility ends. At NN's request I have been down to the sorting office who have no record of a delivery.

The implication in their communication is that I'm trying a low life scam (I'm not). It looks like I'll have no option but to go through the Paypal dispute process. Oh joy. Last time I'll order anything from NN unless they change their attitude towards a (once) loyal customer.
    I had some items go missing, and phoned and spoke to Norman. He sent me a replacement order that day, and it came the next day. For some reason, he doesn't use a tracking service, so once it leaves their warehouse that's it, order complete.

Quote Originally Posted by JKW View Post
    Just to add my tuppence worth...

I find NN's service is fine as long as a) whatever you want is standard and in stock and b) you have no need to communicate with them. Name me any other retailer that won't talk to its customers on the phone FFS!

I've bought quite a bit of stuff off them over the last year or so and have run into issues on two occasions because they seem incapable of actually reading an e-mail properly or considering their response. The answer is usually 'yes, that'll be fine' or 'it'll fit, no problem' until you find out that it doesn't! On both occasions I sent an e-mail explaining what they got wrong and expressing my disappointment with their lack of care - no response in either case.

They did reasonably well getting some replacements for faulty components from Germany for me but, again, didn't communicate timescales, or what they were up to until I got a bit shirty.

In summary then - great for 'box shifting'; totally useless at communication... overall not really 'up there' when comes to actual 'customer service'.
    He doesn't put his number on the website, but it's buried in the depths of UKGSER in a top secret location.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast