Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nippy Normans

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Buygum View Post
    Mmmmm maybe you should judge a company by how they react when things go wrong. I have used NN for 4 years and they have been faultless. About 10 days ago, I ordered £200+ worth of stuff which didn't arrive. NN don't seem at all interested. There's no proof of posting, no tracking information, nothing. They don't seem to have any process in place to handle such situations; the delivery required no signature but they are adamant they sent it so that seems to be where they believe their responsibility ends. At NN's request I have been down to the sorting office who have no record of a delivery.

The implication in their communication is that I'm trying a low life scam (I'm not). It looks like I'll have no option but to go through the Paypal dispute process. Oh joy. Last time I'll order anything from NN unless they change their attitude towards a (once) loyal customer.
    Did you buy you items through paypal using a credit card? If so you are covered for these goods if they have not been recieved by you. I used to work for a transaction disputed department of a very large credit card company a few years back and we used to deal with this stuff oa daily basis.
    You will have to firstly deal with paypal through their disputes process (you have 45 days to do this). If they sort it for you all is good, if not do the following.

Contact your card company and log a dipute case with the vendor. You will then probably be asked to send a gesture of good will in email form to the vendor and a copy to the card co asking the vendor to supply the goods you have paid for as you have not recieved them. If they agree to send the goods again, ask for a timeframe and wait. If they do not respond to your emails or refuse to send the goods, the card company will request proof of delivery from the vendor (signed acceptance by courier or post). If this is not available then the card company will hold the vendor responsible for faliure to deliver to thier card holder and will take the funds back from the vendor and reimburse your account. The card company will also susspend the amount of the transaction on your account from the date of case set up so that you are not liable for payment of the ammount to them while the investigation takes place.

Obviously some card companies have different proceedure but the process is basically the same across the board.

In most sutuations the vendors see sense and either refund the money or resend the goods. There are some however that suffer due to thier customer service and the money is reclaimed, either way you should have no problem. Make sure all corresespondense with the vendor is via email as any telephone conversations are inadmisable and will not help you. In fact it is far eaisier and quicker if when you send your gesture of good faith email, the vendor doesnt respond. We used to allow 7 days for a response before we would recliam the funds.

Good luck with it, i dont like shoddy customer service and some companies need to address this if they wont to retain customers in these dark times
    If you can't beat em...your not hitting them hard enough!

NN needs to up his telephone skills if anything Ive ordered many items over the years and most have arrived promptly however there has been times when no item has arrived and no email to suggest how long or if out of stock, so than I call him but he ain't the most helpful on the phone if you ask where my stuff is he will say can you send me email (wtf im on the phone just answer my Q ) one line conversation and I always get the feeling from the conversation I'm in the wrong for ringing him.

Christos
    Thanks for that: it's useful information. Although I paid by Paypal, my Paypal account is linked with a bank account, not a credit card. I have it that way so that personal "gift" transfers attract no fees. Hopefully I won't live to regret it.

I wrote (eMail) to NN yesterday (they don't publish a phone number although I take on board above comments that it's probably out there somewhere) saying I intended to go through the Paypal Dispute process and wanted to give them every opportunity of avoiding that.

I did receive an email from Norman today: a one liner asking "Is the delivery address correct"...nothing along the lines of "sorry for the inconvenience at all" but if I get my stuff, I'm not too bothered about niceities in any case. The delivery address is, of course, correct so I'll wait and see what happens. I'm not in a desperate rush so I'm happy to give them a week to try and sort things out. I remain optimistic. I must have recommended NN to at least a dozen other people over the last 4 years since discovering them here.

Like, I suspect, many other people whose jobs involve dealing with customers, the biggest irritation is that I wouldn't consider dealing with anyone in such an off hand way.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Christos x View Post
    Did you buy you items through paypal using a credit card? If so you are covered for these goods if they have not been recieved by you. I used to work for a transaction disputed department of a very large credit card company a few years back and we used to deal with this stuff oa daily basis.
    You will have to firstly deal with paypal through their disputes process (you have 45 days to do this). If they sort it for you all is good, if not do the following.

Contact your card company and log a dipute case with the vendor. You will then probably be asked to send a gesture of good will in email form to the vendor and a copy to the card co asking the vendor to supply the goods you have paid for as you have not recieved them. If they agree to send the goods again, ask for a timeframe and wait. If they do not respond to your emails or refuse to send the goods, the card company will request proof of delivery from the vendor (signed acceptance by courier or post). If this is not available then the card company will hold the vendor responsible for faliure to deliver to thier card holder and will take the funds back from the vendor and reimburse your account. The card company will also susspend the amount of the transaction on your account from the date of case set up so that you are not liable for payment of the ammount to them while the investigation takes place.

Obviously some card companies have different proceedure but the process is basically the same across the board.

In most sutuations the vendors see sense and either refund the money or resend the goods. There are some however that suffer due to thier customer service and the money is reclaimed, either way you should have no problem. Make sure all corresespondense with the vendor is via email as any telephone conversations are inadmisable and will not help you. In fact it is far eaisier and quicker if when you send your gesture of good faith email, the vendor doesnt respond. We used to allow 7 days for a response before we would recliam the funds.

Good luck with it, i dont like shoddy customer service and some companies need to address this if they wont to retain customers in these dark times

Quote Originally Posted by E. Buygum View Post
    Christos
    Thanks for that: it's useful information. Although I paid by Paypal, my Paypal account is linked with a bank account, not a credit card. I have it that way so that personal "gift" transfers attract no fees. Hopefully I won't live to regret it.

I wrote (eMail) to NN yesterday (they don't publish a phone number although I take on board above comments that it's probably out there somewhere) saying I intended to go through the Paypal Dispute process and wanted to give them every opportunity of avoiding that.

I did receive an email from Norman today: a one liner asking "Is the delivery address correct"...nothing along the lines of "sorry for the inconvenience at all" but if I get my stuff, I'm not too bothered about niceities in any case. The delivery address is, of course, correct so I'll wait and see what happens. I'm not in a desperate rush so I'm happy to give them a week to try and sort things out. I remain optimistic. I must have recommended NN to at least a dozen other people over the last 4 years since discovering them here.

Like, I suspect, many other people whose jobs involve dealing with customers, the biggest irritation is that I wouldn't consider dealing with anyone in such an off hand way.

Cheers

No problems glad to be of some sort of help. If you do have to keep dealing with the vendor keep an eye on the timeframe for paypal disputes (45 days from day of purchase). Its not uncommon for sellers to keep promising delivery / refunds over and over again for weeks until the you eventually run out of patience. However when you come to log the dispute with Paypal you will be told that is out of timeframe to log a complaint. This happens all to frequently especially with ebay transactions and overseas sellers.

I have no personal gripe with your particular seller but this can happen even with the most reputable companies.

Hope it all pans out for you
    If you can't beat em...your not hitting them hard enough!

Just for the record, my missing delivery from Nippy Norman was a Royal Mail error (which, in fairness, doesn't happen very often in my experience and was probably caused by local holiday relief). NN addressed the parcel correctly and fully but it was returned to NN "Address incomplete"...that cycle took around 2 weeks. Parcel was resent and arrived next day, as had always been the case in my 4 years previous experience with NN. Anyway, my faith is restored in NN.

I think it's fair to say that NN is "old school": you're never going to get expansive communication about "Service Excellence". They are reliable and reasonable but vulnerable to being let down (by Royal Mail in this case) like anyone else.

Alls well that ends well.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

nippy normans

Hi
    Know for my tale of despair with this company.On there website they claim to have in stock 96 Arapovic slip on silencers for r1200gsa there i go and order one. Then told its not in stock!Great this morning its arrived but it is not what it tells me on the paperwork its a set of headers,after many phone call trying to get them to pick up the phone im asked to return there mistake at a cost to me of £27!W ether i see my postage money or my silencer could be a debate with Devon trading standards.http://www.ukgser.com/forums/images/...s/offtopic.gif

NN's aren't the best are they? Prob spend 500 quid with them over the last few weeks yet seems difficult to get confirmation and (audited) return and refund of an item.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12