What MPG you getting

I get about the same as I did on the GS, blasting around tends to give mid 40's, proper thrashing can drop it below 40.

On long runs and pottering around narrow lanes it goes up to high 40's, a recent two-up trip to Cornwall and back with a mix of all roads and indicated 80mph cruising gave a decent 48mpg - about the same as the GS computer used to show.

I reckon my mpg computer is about 5% out so would reckon on a genuine 45mpg (10 miles per litre) on a long trip as an average.

Get a good 160 - 190 miles to reserve, and from tests done by others there is about 50 miles left when the warning comes on giving a pretty decent range of 200 - 240 miles per tank.

Did do a few miles at an indicated 60 just to see what the mpg would reach and it did average just over 60mpg.

220 mls Rasher is what I am expecting. Anyting after that is a bonus.

I understand the reserve is qute large so I might run it dry to see exactly what I do get. I know different engines have different tolerances and are all different but 3.5/4 ltrs should return appx 50 mls.

Been commuting this week on "T" mode so will be interesting to see how I go. Engine is starting to really loosen up :proff

Some pretty impressive figures there guys. I cant get over 42mpg on my CT no matter how I ride it :blast

I understand the reserve is qute large so I might run it dry to see exactly what I do get. I know different engines have different tolerances and are all different but 3.5/4 ltrs should return appx 50 mls.

A few guys in the states have tested the reserve range and seem to agree at about 50 miles.

I have never got more than 18 litres in when fuelling just after the light comes on suggesting 5 litres remain - but I would not trust a fuel injected bike to run down to the last drop like carbed bikes would if you "wiggle" about to keep the float bowls topped.

I am assuming 40+ miles at a normal pace (80mph motorway cruise) and if you slowed down to 50-60 I reckon it would easily top 50 miles.

220 should be easy enough, over 4,000 miles I have always got over 160 until the light, with 170 - 180 being normal and I don't tend to ride in such a way as to optimise mpg :D Two-up with luggage at an indicated 80-85mph returns @47-48 mpg on the motorway.

Back
Top Bottom