Anyone had or has a ZX12R?

Big Lee

Reaction score
I'm going through a fad at the moment over a ZX12R :comfort and wondering if theres any gems of info about them and if they fit a 6`6" gentleman better than a 2004 R1 :beerjug:

Cheers

Lee :thumb2

I've had two, bloody brilliant machines. Big, comfortable, handle well for a big bike and hideously quick. Depending on how you ride them consumption can range from 26 to 40 mpg and they can bollox a tyre in under 2k miles. Sold the second one because i decided I liked living.

I'm a tad over 6'4" and fitted well.

I loved them and the way they make the world go blurry. Apparently there's a second step in the power at 12k rpm never had the guts or a long enough road to find out.They will make your license shake with fear.

I'd have another one tomorrow.

Zx12

Yep
i had one black and gold, bloody lovely bike, plenty of room, does screw tyres mpg crap, goes like a rocket bring it on.

Dave

I suppose the modern touring tyres would fare a bit better than the sports stuff of a few years ago, maybe 3k out of a rear! I'm hankering for a big sports bike after 6 years on a GS then my current Tiger for 2. I'd keep the Tiger as well :D

The idea of 170 odd bhp is really appealing :pullface

Yes, I had one for 3yrs as a weekend toy. I loved the big bike looks but it's nowhere near as much fun as a newer sports thou. Comfort wise, I found it very wristy compared to the GSXR 1000 I have now.

171007-2.jpg

Dude i have one as well my gsa.

The big Ninja is awesome I am 6'3" and used to use it for mliles before getting the gsa.
Comfortable for touring and also for scratchin. Tried different tyres but went back to Dunlops and they have been ok. Power is so smooth and almos endless. A power commander and exhaust is supposed to smooth out the bike at low revs. (its always wanting to go!!!)
You wont regret havin the big ninja.

My lad has one sitting next to my GS in the garage, I can ride it when I like but never do, it all looks too much effort.
It is a thing of beauty though

Great bikes as said only criticism is they give off a lot of engine heat and sitting on one can get very warm!

I suppose the modern touring tyres would fare a bit better than the sports stuff of a few years ago, maybe 3k out of a rear! I'm hankering for a big sports bike after 6 years on a GS then my current Tiger for 2. I'd keep the Tiger as well :D

The idea of 170 odd bhp is really appealing :pullface

You wont say that with 9 points on your licence, and i bet youre thinking "I'll be careful, i wont get done"...

Thats what i thought..........:augie:augie

3 of them about 70k mega fast miles, track days, the ring. i could deck the engine cases. never any mechanical issues.
The last one i had was a 2003 (go for the 2002 on B2)
Full race Akro, power commander K&N. I also modded the passenger pegs lowering them and fitted a rack. It was a great touring bike.
A steering damper is essential but not easy to fit due to the monocoque frame. i fabricated my own setup. very good throttle control made it a good bike for wet riding.
I have ridden this bike: http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/motorbikes/4124491
€3000 for all this ???? I dont think about ZX12R's too much or i would go out and buy one. Jailbait

Attachments

• ZX-2.jpg
    ZX-2.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 663
  • ZX-3.jpg
    ZX-3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 691
Pah, they are feckin rubbish. One little head on with a Saab and they turn to shrapnel :blast:D:D:D

Not true

Pah, they are feckin rubbish. One little head on with a Saab and they turn to shrapnel :blast:D:D:D

The bike wasn't that bad it was me that was in pieces. Mind you I left a hell of a dent on the A pillar and smashed the windscreen:thumb2

They are great, easy to maintain (apart from Sparkplugs :)) solid, well built, handle ok and still stupidly quick 11 years on

IMG_0233.jpg
[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom