Bahnstormer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankh

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Took my 1 year old R1200GS to Bahnstormer today for an annual service and purchase and fitment of LED spots. Had one fault to report to them that in the last 100 miles gearbox selection starting to play up. When changing down the lever is not returning to normal position hence when trying to change down again its a no go, only way to correct to tap the lever up a little then down again. quite tricky when dropping 2 or 3 gears in quick succession.

OK sir will look into that, after the service complete, they had cleaned out and greased up test ridden it and declared it all good.

10 miles up the road obvious it was still there as bad as when I rode in, every down change apart from the first down change needed the flick up before down for every gear!!!

Had to get home, so couldn't afford the time to go back, call them up and soonest they can pick the bike up is 4 days time!! and then in the middle of the day(well I work) any chance of a loan bike ? No !

Really unhelpful ! an error on there part and can't put themselves out to correct the situation. I have been going there out of area to use them, just spent over 600 quid this visit...there 3 dealers nearer to me, looks like that is finished for me, bye bye bahnstormer. Its not making a mistake its how you correct it, in there case it seems we don't care!!

Fine called out the breakdown for recovery.

Similar issue of poor service with Pidcocks at Long Eaton a while back...had the bike for a service and would approach a warranty issue for rear wheel and front engine cover corrosion. Just over a week later I went to pick it up and guess what......only service completed! Took another week for them to call me to say BMW had refused the warranty claim (via a few photographs).

Funny that.....it went to Clarkes at Rednal soon after who got it done within 2 days for me and on warranty!

Needless to say, bye bye Pidcocks, hello Clarkes!

Take your money elsewhere bud.....

Take your money elsewhere bud.....[/QUOTE]

Already have the bike is at Vines Caterham.

To be fair to Bahnstormers, they have called me today and tried to put things right. If the bike had not already been recovered to another dealer, even offering to get over today and pickup. Up until this point the dealing I have had with them have all been good experiences. so maybe this is a one off.

To be fair to Bahnstormers, they have called me today and tried to put things right. If the bike had not already been recovered to another dealer, even offering to get over today and pickup. Up until this point the dealing I have had with them have all been good experiences. so maybe this is a one off.

Or they read your complaint on here and are into damage control phase

I would be suprised if Bahnstormers returned the bike back knowing the fault was still there, they are not like that.

Shame that the OP did not turn round and go back on the day.

The one time that I had a problem, they gave me a loan bike on the spot and sorted mine out over the next day.

Speaking on my personal experience of Bahnstormers when my bike developed a serious fault 500 miles after a service really made me upset like yourself Frank. However there is not a chance i would take the bike anywhere else as Bahnstormers is an outstanding dealership with great customer satisfaction. This must of been a 1 of mistake but i doubt it would happen again pal. :thumb

As somebody once pointed out to me - you don't know what you don't know. Only on findning out about something can you act on it so, yes, on reading this post last night I made sure that it was the first thing to resolve today. Damage limitation or not, those who know us hopefully will understand that we do try to sort things out one way or another.

To Frankh, I can completely understand your frustration. You have come all the way from Crawley to use our services and that it very much appreciated. I'm just sorry that we have let you down.

I think, on reflection, that we weren't bad on this occasion, we just weren't great. On looking into the problem the technician found the gear linkage to be stiff and touching on the ESA servo. Strip the linkage, clean and grease and test ride and no charge are probably would you would expect for a first time offence.

Had the problem become immediately apparent then a quick U-turn and pick up a service loan bike would not be a problem. Unfortunately (or thankfully!) with it being March 1st, it is probably our busiest week in the year so to be able to get the bike collected from Crawley on the Monday is better than I would have expected for this particular week.

Our best solution was, if the bike is unrideable, to call BMW Emergency service and get the bike to a dealer as a matter of urgency. It's the great thing about having a warranty and that is what they are there for - to help in an emergency.

Yes we called up first thing to offer to ride out and collect the bike and drop a bike off. Frankh had already had the bike collected and is being looked at by Vines South London. We have called them to let them know what we have done to help with their diagnosis.

It will be a real shame to lose Frankh as a customer and we will try everything to avoid that.

Sincere apologies

Alistair

My own experience had me at Bahnstormers when we found out that my Crown wheel bearing had self destructed. Because I wasn't expecting it, I didn't have any ID, license or CC's with me. They "strongly" advised I didn't ride it home (47 miles). Even though I didn't have any docs with me they gave me a twin cam 1200 to get home and go back the following day. Bike was repaired at the total cost of £260. Bike was 6 months out of warranty but they put in a goodwill claim and a month later I get a cheque for the full amount. Oh forgot, I didn't buy my bike from them either. When I can justify that 1600GT I will have no hesitation to go there.

Not everything works perfectly all the time and holding your hand up and say you could have done things better is nice to see.

I think, on reflection, that we weren't bad on this occasion, we just weren't great. On looking into the problem the technician found the gear linkage to be stiff and touching on the ESA servo. Strip the linkage, clean and grease and test ride and no charge are probably would you would expect for a first time offence.

Funny as its not an ESA bike??

Bike now fixed and back in my garage, however the guys from vines did comment that on the test ride they thought the bike wasn't running as good as it should, could do with throttle bodies and valve clearances doing !! not complaining as this is not part of the annual service done by bahnstormers but would have appreciated it being mentioned. probably live with it until 6k service.

delivered back 17.30pm, didn't have a chance to get full details, I know they had to get some parts , I plan to find out the detail tomorrow and will update when I know

Took my 1 year old R1200GS to Bahnstormer today for an annual service and purchase and fitment of LED spots. Had one fault to report to them that in the last 100 miles gearbox selection starting to play up. When changing down the lever is not returning to normal position hence when trying to change down again its a no go, only way to correct to tap the lever up a little then down again. quite tricky when dropping 2 or 3 gears in quick succession.

OK sir will look into that, after the service complete, they had cleaned out and greased up test ridden it and declared it all good.

10 miles up the road obvious it was still there as bad as when I rode in, every down change apart from the first down change needed the flick up before down for every gear!!!

Had to get home, so couldn't afford the time to go back, call them up and soonest they can pick the bike up is 4 days time!! and then in the middle of the day(well I work) any chance of a loan bike ? No !

Really unhelpful ! an error on there part and can't put themselves out to correct the situation. I have been going there out of area to use them, just spent over 600 quid this visit...there 3 dealers nearer to me, looks like that is finished for me, bye bye bahnstormer. Its not making a mistake its how you correct it, in there case it seems we don't care!!

Fine called out the breakdown for recovery.

Do you feel better now?

They quoted me a price for a service last year, but when the work was done (exactly as I requested) the bill was about £70 more, they made no effort to rectify the situation.

Mistakes happen, maybe the quote was wrong and the bill right, but I did not like the attitude of "must be your mistake", no negotiation, a split of the difference would have been enough if it was a genuine misunderstanding.

I too travelled out of the way based on good reports here, and from visiting the place and it looking the part, but will not be returning.

What is puzzling me is 10 miles into your return trip, the fault returns, so it was not there when you left, how would the mechanic know it was not fixed when he finished working on it.

Posts like this just highlight to me how fukking spoilt some folks are becoming. Whinge whinge whinge. I'd be pleased to see the last of your type if I was in the trade.:rolleyes:

They quoted me a price for a service last year, but when the work was done (exactly as I requested) the bill was about £70 more, they made no effort to rectify the situation.

Mistakes happen, maybe the quote was wrong and the bill right, but I did not like the attitude of "must be your mistake", no negotiation, a split of the difference would have been enough if it was a genuine misunderstanding.

I too travelled out of the way based on good reports here, and from visiting the place and it looking the part, but will not be returning.

We have been through this complaint before - you only got the quote verbally, so maybe you misheard or just misunderstood the 6K/Annual service requirements as that was yet another thread of yours. By all means complain when its justified but we all have to take responsibility for our own actions and decision making rather than blame everyone else when you don't do things right yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom