Thread: Lands End trial 2012

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Lands End trial 2012

Who else is in then? Finally decided to grab the bull by the horns and just had my entry confirmed. Umpteen questions milling around my noddle right now, not least - htf do you stay awake all night to ride?!

Any tips or "must do & must nots" please.

Plead not guilty

yep, i'm in! Don't worry about staying awake all night, the adrenaline and concentration on the task in hand keeps you going. I find the worst time is after the breakfast at hallworthy, but the thought of having to tackle Hoskin hill, Bishops wood and Bluehills brings you round again!! By the way, if you've never done the Lands End before, the sight of Bluehills for the first time as come down the approach road will stay in your mind for ever

Yeah ga na die

lands end

I'm in again on the 990, so more pictures of me dropping it!
    We are early numbers 11-17 from Plusha

http://www.themotorcyclingclub.org.u...12le_entry.pdf

From the PKUP:
    Mr Boulton
    Mr Burton
    Mr Creedy

From Salisbury plain
    Mr Musgrove _ well known resident of this forum
    michaelmy
    Fulham, London
    supporting BBRC at www.rallymoto.co.uk and LDTs at www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk
    06 BMW HP2 E & 67 Honda Monkey Bike

Lands End - Tips

ENJOY IT!

Waterproofs - if it rains & you're wet for 12 hours you are going to suffer
    Spare dry gloves (& heated grips?)
    Hydration pack - I got a migraine first year without it.
    Good lights
    Lighting for your road book & a torch, or just follow your expert mates!

Depends on the bike, but you may need an airhawk

Well prepared bike with MT 43 tyres, rimlocks & pump & guage
    Puncture repair & essential tools to do that!
    michaelmy
    Fulham, London
    supporting BBRC at www.rallymoto.co.uk and LDTs at www.themotorcyclingclub.org.uk
    06 BMW HP2 E & 67 Honda Monkey Bike

Yep, I'm in. Just had a call from the powder coaters so I can now get to work putting the Dak back together to get it ready in time. No cheating on the Ttr this time!
    If you want to pick my brains (won't take long!) then feel free. I think this is my 6th L/E.

Good luck chaps, I was hoping to get down to Blue Hills for a weekends camping but am rostered to work

I'm having another go... on the 1100 again and prob on Tourances unless I can find a second hand set of TKC's by then, just praying for dry weather.
    Top tips are make yourself a roadbook and study all the re start type instructions so you know what your class has to do on that section, whether you need to stop astride the line, whether you need to stop at all etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by coasty View Post
    I'm having another go... on the 1100 again and prob on Tourances unless I can find a second hand set of TKC's by then, just praying for dry weather.
    Top tips are make yourself a roadbook and study all the re start type instructions so you know what your class has to do on that section, whether you need to stop astride the line, whether you need to stop at all etc etc.
    Would you be allowed TKC's in an MCC trial?

In a word yes, I haven't followed the ins and out of it but I think they have been under pressure to cater for the bigger bike and bikes with 17" wheels so these are now officially allowed. I just wish I had some, I cant really justify buying a new set at the moment

Maybe there's someone with a part worn pair on here who would let you borrow them or have them cheap.
    Might be worth popping something in the wanted section, you never know.

I did a while ago but I will try to find it and give it a bump.
    If the trial is dry like last year then its not too big an issue and you get certain benefits on road tyres such as a couple of free foots and slightly different routes on one or two of the sections.

New Member (less than 15 Posts)
    Plead not guilty.

Lands End route

In case anyone wants to come out to watch the LE at the weekend here is the section list and approx route.
    No BM for me this year, been too busy to put it back together so it's swmbo's Ttr again! Must not break it!
    I'm No. 15 if anyone wants to shout 'TOSSER'
    Maybe see you there.
    Ian
    Attached Images Attached Images   

That's it, I've packed loaded unloaded unpacked too much and will be glad to get underway! Still not sure what to expect an d even whether a class C bike does all the trials or not?! Hope to see someone in Cornwall tomorrow p.m. I'm #137 on the XChallenge.