Tossers-on-Tour 2005

Just spoke to Carol Nash regarding insurance cover for the trip. After a quick check the fine lady tells me I am fully covered for all the countries we are visiting. So if you are with CN and Red Star your covered. Just out of interest has anyone contacted BMW yet about personal insurance ? CN have offered me full personal cover including possesions for £35 for the duration of the trip.
Is that about the price we should be looking at ?

gazza said:
Just out of interest has anyone contacted BMW yet about personal insurance?

I have a family policy with BMW which covers us for general family holidays, our annual skiing trip plus my biking stuff.

I think that it was about £200 last year, but that was Worldwide cover:

IMG_1670.jpg

Greg

Greg

WNice picture , however I suggest some serious weight training to build those legs up for next years trip

:weights :weights :weights :weights :thumb

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D
:D :D
:D

WNice picture , however I suggest some serious weight training to build those legs up for next years trip

I think he's got lurrvly legs :D Just like our budgie :D :D

Hi Greg!

The map is'nt the best, so I can't figure out how close you're going to pass Oslo.

-Are you planning to crosss the fjord with a ferry?
-Or do you plan to cross the Oslo Fjorden by thunnel? Oslofjordtunnelen?

My favorit cafè; Tyrigrava, is close to the Oslofjordtunnelen. So if it's nice weather and a Saturday or Sunday when you pass; perhaps it's nice for you to stop at Tyrigrava and grab a bite or a coke or an icecream?

I can't post pictures here, but I can send some to you or some of the moderators. Or you may click here:
http://www.oslo-suzuki-center.no/bilder/Kjorebilder/tyrigrava15juni2001.htm

Here's the phonenumber for Tyrigrava, if you want to call and make sure they are open that day: 66 80 01 62.

And I'm gonna be there!
And I'm gonna bring a camera!
...if you are coming...

:beer: Liv.

Re: Hi Greg!

Liv said:
The map is'nt the best, so I can't figure out how close you're going to pass Oslo.

Oslo.jpg

Does that help?

The route is only a suggested route - on this day (Friday 3 June 2005) the Tossers-on-Tour travel from Kristiansand to the Edward Hotel in Lidköping, Sweden. They can choose any route they like.

Greg

Hi Greg!

A better map; thank you!

The suggestion on the map is a ferry Horten - Moss, I think?
I think that's a good idea for you; you're going to ride many kilometres that day!
And in the midle of the day on a Friday it won't be so many bikes at Tyrigrava.

Maybe I'll be on the quay / ferry terminal in Moss?

Do you know when the ferry from Necastle arrives Kristiansand? I can try to fugure out when you'll be on the ferry Horten - Moss, if you choose the ferry.

From the ferry Horten - Moss I think you can see Oscarsborg; it was a cannon at Oscarsborg who sank the Blucher in April 1940.
The Blucher is still on the bottom of the fjord, leaking a little oil so sometimes we can see exactly where the boat are.
But you won't see the oil from the ferry Horten - Moss.

:) Liv.

Re: Hi Greg!

Liv said:
Maybe I'll be on the quay / ferry terminal in Moss?

Do you know when the ferry from Necastle arrives Kristiansand? I can try to fugure out when you'll be on the ferry Horten - Moss, if you choose the ferry.

Liv

The ferry arrives in Kristiansand at about 09.15hrs. It'll probably be nearer 10.00hrs by the time we have cleared the ship and customs.

Had Gary been with us on this trip, it probably would have been an hour later!!!

It'd be great to see you at the Horten ferry!

:)

Greg

Liv

I expect that we will be at Horsen at around 13.30hrs - 14.00hrs.

Greg

Thank's, Greg!

I hope I'll be there!
:)
And my boyfriend and I are considering to stay at the hotel in Lidkoping, but it's to soon to decide.

I'm gonna do all I can do to meet 30 Tossers-On-Tour!

Liv,

It would be great if you could stay at Lidköping too - but you should book quickly as half the hotel is taken up with a large number of tossers!

:eek:

Greg

Greg, do you have a definitive route in either an autoroute or mapsource file I could have please. I have a wall map and would like to plot the route for the memsahib.

Greg Masters said:
Liv,

It would be great if you could stay at Lidköping too - but you should book quickly as half the hotel is taken up with a large number of tossers!

:eek:

Greg

Hi Greg.

I called the Edward Hotel in Lidkoping for a room;
-all the large rooms was taken, so I guess I called the right hotel! :)
But they had a small room for two, so I guess me and my boyfriend meet you there!

Friday 3 rd. June, right?

-How many bikes and persons are coming?
All bimmers?
Any Scarver?
Someone speaking Norwegian? :p I have to practice speaking English before we get there!

Sorry, Liv, I missed your posting.

Yes, as Metal Man says - 30 bikes (nearly all Bimmers), 26 Tossers but no Scarvers. All piled into the Edward Hotel , Lidkoping on Friday night 3 June.

I'm not sure if any of the group speak Norwegian, but, as you probably know, Lidkoping is in Sweden. Most of the group will have learnt fluent Swedish from the Swedish Chef on the Muppet Show!

:D

Greg

Back
Top Bottom