WeeKend Pink Lady

John Roberts

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Sid's WeeKend is getting closer and before we know it ... Right, how about we get it finished this time:
  • what needs doing?
  • what parts does it need?
  • where can we get them?
  • who's going to do the work?
  • who is capable?
  • who is going to have the time?
The practicalities are tricky, we'll have to sort something out.

Any suggestions?

From a parallel thread in the Airheads Section

Firstly, we need a list of what Sid would like doing / needs doing
We'll have to ask Sid
Secondly, we need a Mod type to create a thread that Sid cant see
The cat would be out of the bag once we asked.
Then we can take the piss and generally decide a plan :friday
Hmm, that does have its merits. :D

I had considered having an invisible-to-Sid type thread (wasn't there one like that to get Ash back on his GS some time ago?) but decided against for the above reason. Could it be done like that (without Sid knowing) or is the cat roaming free by now? We'd need a mod to hide this thread as well as another one in the Airheads Section, Sid's last activity was sometime before 8pm last night.

So what does the collective suggest?

Quick ...

SID

Sid to reception, Sid to reception, please, we are going to need some information, can you help? :)

See post #1 above, what needs doing to PL?

Oh, and since we have to ask you anyway, there seemed little point in having an invisible thread.:p

See also the parallel thread in Airheads section: we don't need two, what shall we do carry on on here or on Airheads section? Airheads section would be seen by more people. I'll try to arrange it.

Calling WeeKend section Mod ...

Ah!, that's you, isn't it Sid? :blast
... See also the parallel thread in Airheads section: we don't need two, what shall we do carry on on here or on Airheads section? Airheads section would be seen by more people. I'll try to arrange it.
What do you reckon, can you help with this, perhaps?

Have I missed something, but won't Sid see this thread :nenau

Sid to reception, Sid to reception, etc etc...

... Oh, and since we have to ask you anyway, there seemed little point in having an invisible thread.:p
Hi Sumprat, no, I realised we wouldn't get far without Sid telling us what needs doing. It may be that he's making a list even as we speak (well, even as we post :D)

Looking forward to your breakfasts, and bollox to cholesterol.:bounce1

Hi guys.

Many thanks for kind offers of help. Sorry not replied before now but been very busy last week or so. Been over in Jersey last week for Dad's 82nd birthday and diet/weight loss has taken a back seat.

Busy refurbishing horse trailer for Pinklady's new show ponies so work on bikes has taken a break recently.

I've cheated a lot with PinkLady's bike as I was getting so fed up with getting nowhere with it. I managed to find an identical R80/7 TIC being sold locally which I managed to acquire/steal for a very good price. It came fully running with MOT, recent service, stainless pipes, new battery, alloy wheels, krauser panniers and working brakes:eek: Only thing wrong with it was slightly damaged seat and tank but I had new spares of both.:)

It also had the higher RT bars that PinkLady said she prefers. So the plan was to simply fit all the pink bits on to this bike and job done.:)

But things are never that simple...

I decided to strip this new bike down to clean it all up etc and make sure it was 100%. A fellow tosser Peter (who lives just up the road from me) has called around a few times to help with a few bits. We discovered that the read drive spline was a bit worn so I've purchased one from Sherlocks recently and fitted that. All that really needs doing now is a general clean up and putting it all back together. Peter is coming round this very afternoon to help me fit all the bits together.

The other/original PinkLady bike will now be referred to as "Trigger" in honour of Trigger's broom (5 new handles and 7 new heads but still all original:D). The infamous wiring on this bike was finally sorted after help from many people including Rob Farmer and others at last years Weekend, Nick CT during a subsequent visit and Peter's recent efforts. Everything electrical now works! This bike is being sprayed up in the black with gold glitter effect as I already had a new tank in that colour scheme. The plan is to make a perfect His n Hers pair of RTs. :)

I'll try to make a list of everything that needs doing on both bikes and the plan is to have as much as possible done before the Weekend.

Then all I have to do is teach Pinklady how to ride it. She has had a few goes on Martin's CRF230 in the sand school is is getting the hang of the clutch so we want to have her riding the BMW by the Sunday of Airhead Weekend.

Thanks again.

Sid

Next month I'll start making the plans for this years event and start taking names and numbers etc.

Hi guys.
Then all I have to do is teach Pinklady how to ride it. She has had a few goes on Martin's CRF230 in the sand school is is getting the hang of the clutch so we want to have her riding the BMW by the Sunday of Airhead Weekend.

Thanks again.

Sid

Next month I'll start making the plans for this years event and start taking names and numbers etc.

Might be able to help with this bit :thumb2

Val.

Thanks for all your help with my Bike guys xx still needs some bits doing before I can ride it xx Hopefully be able to join you guys on a small run next year xx Thanks again guys xx
:thumb

Back
Top Bottom