Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KAWASAKI W800

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Interesting this as I do find myself unintentionally following trends, and am only aware after they happened...think this is one of them.

I picked up a new Bonnie T100 a couple of weeks ago, new from Youles in Blackburn, Triumph were doing a deal of £600 of goodies so I had a centre stand, pillion handle and got the TORs aftermarket exhausts as extras (fantastic noise, not too loud, and pops nicely on the overrun)
    Weather has been stunning every day since I got it and I've stuck 500 mile on it in a couple of weeks and absolutely chuffed. Amazed at how smooth the twin is, that its got a bit if 'urge' if needed, and that 140 miles is about the tank limit, which is good because its about the same range as my backside sat on the plank/seat !

Think I've now got a toy for every occasion (I know, you can never have enough toys!!) as it just fits in the garage nicely alongside my 1200 GSA and Kawasaki ZXP F2P. Choose the mood, choose the toy....

Enjoy the W800, especially during this heatwave !!
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    MB1200

Gone Fishin' Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Embee View Post
    got the TORs aftermarket exhausts as extras (fantastic noise, not too loud, and pops nicely on the overrun)
    Lovely Bonnie, good choice.

The popping will get on yer tits after a while and she won't run as sweetly. Since you've fitted the TORS, the Air Injection (AI) system is redundant as its job was to feed the correct mixture to the (now non-existent) cats. You'll get dark blue pipes and white plugs as she's now running lean. Disable the thing by bunging a marble or ball-bearing up the injector tube, or fold the tube back and zip-tie it. Simple mod but soooo effective. Easy guide on how-to on Triumph Rat

Quote Originally Posted by shuck raider View Post
    Lovely Bonnie, good choice.

The popping will get on yer tits after a while and she won't run as sweetly. Since you've fitted the TORS, the Air Injection (AI) system is redundant as its job was to feed the correct mixture to the (now non-existent) cats. You'll get dark blue pipes and white plugs as she's now running lean. Disable the thing by bunging a marble or ball-bearing up the injector tube, or fold the tube back and zip-tie it. Simple mod but soooo effective. Easy guide on how-to on Triumph Rat
    .....and what ever you do, do not visit this web site http://www.triumphtwinpower.com/

To make a modern Triumph twin run as it should you want to:
    • Remove the air box snorkle
    • Replace with a TTP Breathe Airbox Intake Cover or simular
    • Install a free flowing filter
    • Remove all the air injection gubbins
    • Remove the 02 sensors
    • Buy and install a TTP custom map using Tune ECU
    You then have a bike that runs like what it should have out of the factory
    Paul S

Previous BM's: R100GS, R1100GS, R1150GS, R1200GS(04), R1150GSA(04), R1200GSA(06), R1200GSA(08), R1200GS TB (11) written off, R1200GS WC (13) R1200gsa WC (14)
    Current Bikes: BMW Scrambler X & KTM 1190 S Adventure

Anyone got a similar list of 'to-do's ' for the W800. As this is a W800 topic , like .....

I'm enjoying the braking. Much better to control than something that is either off or ON

I wish I'd been able to keep my W650 that i had to sell to fund the GS1150A. I'd got that right where i wanted it.

Now i have to buy a 2 into 1 exhaust, better front springs and better gas rear shocks plus farkles.

Check this one out! There's a lot more interesting kit on this site too - especially the scamblers!

I really really like this, been looking at scramblers recently but wow this is right up my street at the mo

Rich

Yep Rich, that's my plan. I posted that link in post #4

I've got the bars and white GRP front guard plus bash guard coming from LSL and rear alloy mudguard plus a few other bits coming from Martin at the W650 shop.

Moving to smaller indicators on the rear and moving then to under the seat with a much smaller tail light on the alloy guard.

Remove plastic tank badges and replace with original vintage 1960's Kawasaki tank decals.

Then a 2 into 1 from Zard.

The upgrade front springs and rear shocks and I'll be a happy bunny

Do you know, I love the look of this bike.
    Richie3264 and I drooled over this bike at the NEC, and we have been looking at triumph scramblers. But, I really love the old school look.
    Bury dave, have you seen this.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HawNynxsn7Y

PS. sounds better with headphones on.

Yes Das Boot, i've watched those mad feckers a few times !

I like what LSL did to the W800 but personally, i don't want to dick about with the power or brakes. Expensive and i may as well just get a modern bike.

Just looking to tweak it cosmetically and improve the shocks for two-up riding and some gentle off-roading. And an exhaust that gives it a more deserving sound of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie3264 View Post

I really really like this, been looking at scramblers recently but wow this is right up my street at the mo

Rich
    Agree, that's exactly what I wanted when I ended up with the Bonnie -shame Kawasaki doesn't build this as a standard offering ! (Apologies for the small hijack earlier...)
    MB1200

Quote Originally Posted by Bury_Dave View Post
    Yep Rich, that's my plan. I posted that link in post #4

I've got the bars and white GRP front guard plus bash guard coming from LSL and rear alloy mudguard plus a few other bits coming from Martin at the W650 shop.

Moving to smaller indicators on the rear and moving then to under the seat with a much smaller tail light on the alloy guard.

Remove plastic tank badges and replace with original vintage 1960's Kawasaki tank decals.

Then a 2 into 1 from Zard.

The upgrade front springs and rear shocks and I'll be a happy bunny
    Sounds great, would love to see some piccies of your creation when you can👍

I think I'm for the W800 over the scrambler

Das boot

Sod the triumph mate, I've seen the future it's W800 shaped hahaha

I've just sold my old Fireblade, and bought a used W800 SE in Black to replace it, so am now a member of the GSA / W800 club

picking it up after my holiday in a couple of weeks, it's this colour scheme

Will have to pick your brains over the bars etc, as I fancy going the scrambler route as well

Good stuff Fluff

Now, as well as having a big versatile, competent but soulless and common as fook BMW, you will have a fun head turning bike full of character and perfect for back to no frills biking W800

I've got a few aftermarket bits and will start putting them on after the 600 mile first service next weekend. I'll be putting the photos of progress up on the ADVRider W800 thread. No point posting them here when there's a 67 page thread over there

Next the Tay and elsewhere.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Bury_Dave View Post
    the ADVRider W800 thread.
    Put us a link up please.....

I did a search and it threw back dozens & dozens of unrelated shyte....
    Sometimes, Bullshit smells of Piss Take!

Putting things into perspective...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCV3...ature=youtu.be

The W800 and the W650 make brilliant cafe racers if you throw away a lot of non essentials.

Tastiest cafe racer conversion I've seen anyway.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Nonwyn1ts6...O_SJ8Y9770.jpg

mwah!

Apart from the daft front mudguard on this otherwise first class bike, you could improve the style of your bike and make it like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast