Triumph Explorer....test ride

One side looks good! That red is a classy colour.

One side looks good! That red is a classy colour.

It's my favourite too, but the gold looks completely different depending on the lighting (as you can see from the picture of the badge). The shot in the garage with the flash gun is very extreme - it doesn't look anything like that during the day!

I'll need to get some proper day light photos done this weekend.

Fecking gorgeous in a JS kinda way :)

Dare to be different

"JA kinda way" I don't know that one, what does it mean?

Thanks all the same though :D

I know it's going to be a bit Marmite, but it's a whole lot better than the acres of matt black plastic that it leaves the factory with - especially my "white" one, which was had a lot more matt grey than white! :blast

I like it but that isn't really much of a recommendation as I own a Graphitane (flat grey metallic) 1150GS:D

Oh and I'm replacing it with a grey metallic S10:blast Stealth biking is best.:thumb

Thanks.

Nothing wrong with flat grey at all; unless you happen to buy a Pearl White bike and then find that most of it is supplied as flat grey instead because they weren't brave enough to attempt and colour key the plastics in the same Pearl White! :blast

I can imagine the conversation with the salesman now when you come to sell it and start to discuss the part ex price. Lots of sucking of teeth, sharp intakes of breath and "Non standard paint job Sir, that will be difficult to shift, we can only offer £1000 below book I'm afraid".

It's not as bad as you think, because:

1. I keep my bikes for many years. I still have my last two (Daytona 1200SE - 15 years and Sprint 900 - 18 years). At this age, trade in value is meaningless. I originally rode the bike for 3 months / 5,000 miles and knew it would be another keeper before I committed to being this radical with it.

2. The dealer loves it and has had several other new Triumphs painted by 8 Ball and they then sell them at a premium. Okay, they aren't as radical as this one, but it didn't stop them from taking lots of photos of it.

John.

Back
Top Bottom