My thoughts on the 800 Tiger

I did 50 miles on one a couple of weeks ago and fail to understand what all the bloody fuss was about? :nenau

thats funny i did exactly the same and have to agree, i much prefer my gs 800,
but its all about personal choice i suppose.

I did 50 miles on one a couple of weeks ago and fail to understand what all the bloody fuss was about? :nenau

Same with your post really :nenau

50 miles?

FFS it takes takes more than 50 miles to find out if a new pair of kecks are going to be comfortable.......how the ferk did you honestly expect to tune in to a bike, particularly one with very different characteristics from what you are used to, and have any sort of valid opinion after a measly 25 miles out and back?:blast

Must try harder......

:1/10

50 miles?

FFS it takes takes more than 50 miles to find out if a new pair of kecks are going to be comfortable.......how the ferk did you honestly expect to tune in to a bike, particularly one with very different characteristics from what you are used to, and have any sort of valid opinion after a measly 25 miles out and back?:blast

Must try harder......

Oh I don't know.......:augie

I was out for under two hours on a demo Street Triple R yesterday afternoon.
That was more than long enough to convince me that it's an utterly fabulous motorcycle and that I'm in love with it..........:love

I guess some people are just quicker witted than others......:augie:augie

Oh I don't know.......:augie

I was out for under two hours on a demo Street Triple R yesterday afternoon.
That was more than long enough to convince me that it's an utterly fabulous motorcycle and that I'm in love with it..........:love

I guess some people are just more shallow than others......:augie:augie

Fixed :beerjug:

PS you know exactly what I mean though :kissy2

Fixed :beerjug:

PS you know exactly what I mean though :kissy2

Ahh yes, the depth metaphor (or its obverse) - much over-used and really does little more than refer to the level of the observer's acuity.

I agree that it's probably folly to write off a bike after such a brief encounter. It might well have hidden depths (;)) that only reveal themselves after a more prolonged acquaintance.

However, for some others such as the Striple R, it only took a few miles to convince me that it's a brilliant machine and I want one.

A little more detail please:thumb2,what didnt you like.

The riding position is awful, as in there is too much of a reach now to the bars. I don't want to have to adopt a racing crouch just to reach the handlebars

Testers have banged on about how fantastic the gearbox is yet my RT box is better and the Tiger's gearbox is certainly no better than the one in my own 05my 1050 Speed Triple

The screen is shit as in too small and does nowt to save the rider from a good helmet buffeting ooo err missus

It's certainly no quicker than my own GSA off the lights as was proved when I couldn't keep up with a guy on a twin cam GS1200

The build quality is iffy to say the least as this demo bike had rusting spoke nipples and was only 2 months old. No corrosion on my 36k old GSA

The plastics are low quality etc etc

Don't get me wrong, I love Hinckley built Triumphs. I've owned about 15 over the years but have noticed recently that the build quality seems to be getting worse. It's like someone at the factory turned the speed up on the production line then quality suffers :(

50 miles?

Must try harder......

It didn't take 50 miles for me to gel with my GSA :augie

You only get one attempt to make a first impression

I need Bob to work out the bhp per ton ratio ..... either way it's no quicker which IMO it really should be being as it has a super spinny engine :augie

I could live with it not being quicker but it's the other things that for me really let it down

Saw one in Guildford a few months back, Cant remember what year it was but it was starting to go seriously rusty already!!!! Surely that cant be good (and dont call me shirley)

50 miles?

Must try harder......

I dunno ive got the gs800 my pal has the tiger I knew straight away Ididnt like it, its faster than the gs but on the lanes all i see is his spotlights,an offroad theirs no comparison but you pays your money you take your choice:D

For all those who have said something negative about the tiger 800 you are all wrong it is simply the best bike in the world and no I don't work for mcn. I have previously owned an F800GS, R1200GS. Didn't get on with the 1200 regretted getting rid of the f800gs but now I have the tiger got to say I have not looked back. It's smooth I think finish is excellent, comfiest standard seat I've sat on, screen works well for me and there is no signs of corrosion on mine, acf 50 and rode all through winter. That said I still think the f800gs is an excellent bike and glad triumph copied it

I saw one earlier. 2011 reg. must test ride one. 800 Is more than enough.

My 800XC has just passed 20'000 miles, 4'000 in the last two weeks with no problems, which is more than can be said for the BMWs with me. :augie

Back
Top Bottom