Group Buy - Scala Rider G9

JH

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I am just seeking the level of interest here for a group buy of the soon to be released Scala Rider G9, which I understand is due on 16th :cool:

I have spoken to a very well known retailer who has indicated he is prepared to be competitive on pricing, even more competitive if there is a larger order. :D

A motorcycling website has them on pre-order basis at £250 with a hint of a discount if you commit to them early...................

I would hope to make some good savings over that amount. What I am looking for is expressions of interest at this time so that I can gauge the potential size of an order to then be able to get the best price. :thumb2

Over to you lot - let me know if you have any interest... :augie

JH

Although not officially out, they are already available.

The guy I sit next to at work just bought a pair of G9s for £330. Therefore the £250 for one sounds quite expensive (unless that's for a pair, in which case it's a bargain!). I'll have to ask him where from when returning from annual leave.

The slight issue for him is that you do all the config through the new community site, which Cardo haven't put live yet. Made worse is that they are both set to German!

They do, however, work without doing any config as they are factory paired since they are a set. It just means they have to push to talk as the new G9 allows you to assign names to each of the other 8 G9s it's paired with and then dial by voice but you can only assign the names through the community. Not the end of the world, but disappointing when unpacking them and then finding everything isn't setup yet.

Dae.

He got them from fc-moto.

After conversion to GBP the single is £190 and the twinset cost him £354 not £364. This was including VAT and shipping was only £6.50.

They only took 3 days to arrive from Germany to the UK.

Cheers for the info.

I have seen a couple of sites from Germany that will send them at about that money. But you have touched on a good point, that half the features will not work until they have set up the online support site.

Dealers have been having their training recently so I would presume that once they have been launched officially, all of the support / features will be operational.

JH

He got them from fc-moto.

After conversion to GBP the single is £190 and the twinset cost him £354 not £364. This was including VAT and shipping was only £6.50.

They only took 3 days to arrive from Germany to the UK.

Cheers for the info.

I have seen a couple of sites from Germany that will send them at about that money. But you have touched on a good point, that half the features will not work until they have set up the online support site.

Dealers have been having their training recently so I would presume that once they have been launched officially, all of the support / features will be operational.

JH

Except if you have a warranty issue of course then you'd have to post it back to Germany ...:eek

Except if you have a warranty issue of course then you'd have to post it back to Germany ...:eek

You'd actually have to post it to the US. I bought my pair of G4s (I'm in the UK) in February 2011 and last month after 13 months of ownership one of them stopped working. Cardo replaced it under warranty but you have to post it to their US offices. I asked if I could sent it to a European office and they said no.

Cardo were very good. I posted it Monday, they received it Thursday and posted a new one back Friday. I received it the following Wednesday. That's just over 1 week to get a new replacement. Postage to the US only cost me £9 so it's not that bad.

I was very impressed by their handling of the whole issue.

Dae.

Just to clear up any confusion. I was just quoting what they can be purchased for on the 'net' in Europe. My intention is to source them from UK suppliers via UK importers. :)

I have a few people that have shown interest - but also a couple of suppliers as well have shown interest in supplying these. ;)

Any more interest.

JH

Put me down as a possible.I`m using a Starcom at the moment but two of my friends have the src set up in their C3`s and I think that Cardo make them.If thats right then I should be able to pair with them.

OK thanks for the responses.

I will be chasing this up this week as the 'anticipated Launch' date is looming and the suppliers should have a better idea.

Will keep you posted. Any one else?

i am reliably informed that the g9 will only be available via retail outlets and not via the net,, how that will work i dont know but thats what im told..

and warranty will be an issue .:eek:

I phoned again on Thursday and was assured that they would be sorting out getting a good price and to secure the stock from the importer.

Since then I have heard not a thing. I am a bit pissed off as I was hoping to have these for my trip abroad on Weds. Some of the guys coming along would have stumped up for one and if we had the right price it was looking at least 10+. I can't understand that they are not dying to secure this business. :nenau

This is well known outfit in the South-east, but I have found out that although trading under the established name, that the original owner has sold this location as a Franchise very recently. This I believe is the issue.

I will not have time to sort this out before I go abroad now, but I am will be bak on 1st May and will look again then. I have had some offers of other makes but was hoping to secure the Scala system. Sorry for not updating sooner but I am up against it getting ready for my holiday.

Back
Top Bottom