ZZR1400

Traction control from 12 on. It is on bridgestone 021's which seem to be a bit shite after using michelin pr3 on the gs. Need to change suspension settings on it as the standard settings are for 68kg rider. I reckon I am about 105kg with riding gear on.
Planning on going to work on it tomorrow, but it is starting to snow outside:(

had a look at a GTR1400 in On Yer Bike, Westcott on sat.

really tasty looking machine I must admit and I dont really like any modern bikes.

Only downside was HUGE corrosion on stands and engine - just dont know how it could have happened :nenau

will certainly be looking closely at these in the future:thumb

Have zzr 6 days and have had a friendly chat with a policeman already. I was doing 90 but thought I was only doing 60!! Haven't been stopped on bike since I was a young chap on cbr's. I was let off after the policeman had finished admiring bike:aidan

I had a 09 from new did 20000 miles mostly touring in 18 months , totally amazing bike mostly just me, but some 2 up . didnt alter mine in any way . The only reason I swapped it in was because my touring started to go the camping & dirt track route which is not suited to the ZZR . but A rds in europe were right up its street , not to mention the German auto bans :D:D

The new 12 ZZR looks just lovely and I have seen one with Akros fitted ...OMG !
My Gtr is now 2 years old with 19000 commuting miles on it and a couple of French trips and hasn't missed a beat and is still in tip top condition ..... It is fantastic all round but I just think that I need a ZZR !

During practice at the tt this yr on the unlimited sections of the mountain my pal was regularly clockin 160 , two up! Turbine perfomance, his runs a power commander 2 and was dynoed at 183 bhp

Pah, CJS Racing can remap the ECU on the new model, they did one with just different end cans and it went from 185 - 205 at the wheel.

My "slow" old version was fast enough to get me locked up before reaching the end of the average slip road, let alone half a mile of empty bypass :blast

As mentioned before,

The ZZR range are not tourers' and there not sports bikes.
They fill a position mid point.
Think, past hoodlum, but not yet mature = ZZR

My little 600 cracks (ed) 160 mph, regular.

Having had the ZZR600 many years ago (1998 so not relevant now), and the ZZR1100 a few years after that, the bikes are great to ride.
Standard seat was more than good enough for several hours.
The front end does need slightly heavier oil, it is soft under hard braking. aka, just on rear wheel lift-off.

As far as losing you license, I could have lost is 6 days every week, !

Ton up is just " idling along" when your' going some where, but not in a hurry.

I really should think of another one, now, after all the happy memories these ZZR's brought back.

Gra.

My little 600 cracks (ed) 160 mph, regular.

Not the bike for China though having seen their standard of driving and road sense on my many business trips there :eek:

Having said that, I did once see a ZX12-R near our factory in Kunshan...

Not the bike for China though having seen their standard of driving and road sense on my many business trips there :eek:

Having said that, I did once see a ZX12-R near our factory in Kunshan...
Hi Sven,

Your quite right.
The ZZR 600 would never be a bike for general Chinese transport.

It was a good few years ago, long before I came to China, that I parted with the ZZR 600.

Gra.

Hi guys anyone got any experience of the zzr1400 for touring,iv ridden one,a mates so i know all about the power etc,what id like to know if anyone here has lived with one twoup touring? Bar risers or not?long range comfort for pillion? so any views would be handy...mucho gras....

My local Kawasaki dealers had an open day last year and i had one on the test day ride was about 2hrs. Found it very fast, very stable at high speed due to the long chasis easy to ride but also one of the most boring characterless bikes i've ridden due to the fact it is put together too well like a lot of modern bikes.

I found it took very little effort or rider skill to get it to do anything which is the main reason i found it boring just didn't feel invovled on it, i felt more like i was on autopilot and the bike was doing everything for me

I did a 5000 mile trip in 13 days last year on my zzr1400, no back or wrist pain. I looked at the Airhawk seat, but could not justify the £160 or so asking price so went for a sheep skin instead. The ZZR never missed a beat the hole trip, high cruising speed fully loaded still returns 42-45mpg. Great touring bike :aidan

I just sold mine. The roadside "chats" with policemen and the increasing speed at which I drove it were the main reasons for sale.
I also went for a ride on my old favourite roads around the Wicklow hills. It felt like a greyhound in a hamster wheel. To enjoy riding it, you have to go fast, and this bike goes very fast very quickly.
Every time I rode it, I was doing over 100mph. I need my licence so off it went.
I did enjoy my time on the big zzr, but I can honestly say I am done with sportsbikes and sports tourers. I would love another gs, but the build quality it utter shite. So what next? Ktm smt is looking like my next port of call. I am going for a test ride on Wednesday if I don't like it, I have no clue what will be next.

Back
Top Bottom