2610 lost maps

lord of the wheel

Reaction score
Hi anyone know how to reload the maps onto a streetpilot 3 as mine has lost its mapping, and comes up with the message " maps un-availiable" this extends to the whole of the Uk ...it does however have a basic main roads and names of places appear on the screen, but no actual minor roads ...it also does not have the ability to find anywhere either....is it a bin job or can it be sorted......cheers Pete

I take it you've done the simple stuff like taking out the CF card and putting it back in, just in case it's not seated properly?

Failing that, get it in a card reader, browse it and see if the maps are still there?

If not, send them to the card again from Mapsource (on PC) or Basecamp (on Mac).

Anything we've missed....?

it does however have a basic main roads and names of places appear on the screen, but no actual minor roads

That'll be the basemap, this is on the internal memory of the GPS. The mapping will be on the CF card. Check that this is properly seated and that if you plug it into a card reader, as Schtum suggests, you can see the files. GMAPSUPP.IMG should be on there, this is the mapping file. It could be that the card is corrupted or just the mapping file.

If you can see the file try running Basecamp with the CF card in the a card reader, it should be able to load the mapping off the card into Basecamp.

If you can't read the card or Basecamp won't load the mapping reformat the card to FAT32 and use Mapsource or MapInstall to load a few tiles of the mapping in your locality. Put the card back into the 2610 and check if that shows detailed mapping. If it does go back to the step above but load all the mapping that you need/will fit.

thanks,Schtum, Bumpkin, the unit is now useable again and I can update it now as well, would be literally lost without you guys lol

Back
Top Bottom