Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All-in-one route files

All-in-one route files

This is the master file, containing ALL the routes together in one file.

DOWNLOAD GDB FILE HERE

DOWNLOAD GPX FILE HERE

when i go to down load the gpx file it,s asking me for a key code

mechanical buffoon Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    The Wirral - where the nice people live... Or Manila.. where i work in online gaming
    worked for me OK
    luvvin it
    paypal.me/newboy

Your trip

New to gs, new to the forum.. Looking at a trip there for me and our lass sometime...sadly not able to make it this time as seen too late...Totally impressed with your efforts to pull this together joybringer, FairPlay to you..looks like a fantastic trip.. Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by quorngeordie View Post
    New to gs, new to the forum.. Looking at a trip there for me and our lass sometime...sadly not able to make it this time as seen too late...Totally impressed with your efforts to pull this together joybringer, FairPlay to you..looks like a fantastic trip.. Enjoy
    Thanks! Sorry - didn't get an email advice for this post

Anyhow, if you want the route files etc, just PM me or drop me a note at mark.cole77(at)btinternet.com.

Same goes for anyone else not going but reading this and would like the GDB file

26 days!!!!!

I'm final-checking the route file to ensure the little detours through farm yards that Garmin loves so much are removed, and I'll be emailing you all the GDB file later today.

The routes are there for you to use or abuse in any way you want. One tip I can offer is to try not to 'recalculate' on your device if you go off-piste for an individual excursion, unless you're not fussed about following the same roads as everyone else, for example, as depending on your GPS settings, it may decide on a different route, or part of it. However, there should be enough waypoints to get you back on the main route, but with the multitude of individual navigation settings, it's easy to end up down a dirt track, for example. I'm sure we've all done it before , and I hope I'm not teaching anyone to suck eggs

The rideouts in La Villa and Tuttlingen are purely optional, and I've included one to get you to Venice if you're that way inclined. As it's not a Guided Tour, the concept is that we all do what we want when we want, ride whatever passes we each want to; and basking in the hotel pool or spa is also an acceptable option

On the return leg, there are 2 optional routes from Austria to Germany through Switzerland - either the Fluella or Abula Passes. Both are good for different reasons, and both include a little diversion to the castle in Liechtenstein, just because it's there and I've never been. Up to you if you want to bypass that part of the route and head on into Germany - I'm sure it won't float everyone's boat

It would be great if we could all try to get together for a drink and maybe a meal at the end of each day.

Looking forward to meeting and making some new friends.

My Carer tells me I have to play nicely. This time...

Final Version

I've emailed you all the latest version, but I've also updated the links in the first post to reflect the latest, minor amendments.

I'm not intending to change anything now, but if anyone spots any dead-end diversions, let me know and I'll edit the route(s)

I've made the file publically accessible, but let me know if you have problems downloading.

Grossglockner Pass

I plan to visit the Grossglockner while staying in Italy.

Highest pass in Europe by road. Unfortunately its a Toll road 22 euro for day.

info - http://www.grossglockner.at/en/

I have a map source route if anyone wants a copy

cheers

Gerry H.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Stay Frosty Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    don't think i've done that one gerry. might be up for that

Mapsource File

File too big to post

will email to you

cheers

Gerry H.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Email me too please

Adrian

I was there last year, about the same time of the month as we'll be in the area this year

Take a coat...

Worth going if you can spare the time - fantastic views, and there's a waterfall about halfway up. Or down.

There's a dirt track behind the photographer's viewpoint, that takes you to the highest point. Good luck with that...

Not sure I'll do it again so soon, but you never know...

www.humvee-graphics.com Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Joybringer View Post
    I was there last year, about the same time of the month as we'll be in the area this year

Take a coat...

Worth going if you can spare the time - fantastic views, and there's a waterfall about halfway up. Or down.

There's a dirt track behind the photographer's viewpoint, that takes you to the highest point. Good luck with that...

Not sure I'll do it again so soon, but you never know...
    Makes note: take new heated waistcoat......it may be needed
    Visit our web shop for stickers/graphics/pannier wrap kits for your GS/Adventure bike
    web shop; www.humvee-graphics.com The originals and the best
    Limited range of our products available on e-bay, our shop; humveegraphics
    Facebook; http://www.facebook.com/humveegraphics

It was probably about 6-8 degrees up there, IIRC.

Take the fur skiddies too...

we had no snow when we did the grossglockner last june, what we did have was thousands (literally!) of people, all walking along the road down from the restaurant towards heilengenblut though the tunnel ...all over the road, with dozens of coaches parked up everywhere to take 'm off after they had done their pilgramage walk...the ride up was excellent however, it was only the downward sector they blocked up

Looks interesting.

Depending on what day you are going cos I have to leave early to come back for a training course I can't get out of.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.ukgser.com/forums/image.php?u=1024240&type=sigpic&dateline=1267183772 [SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast