All-in-one route files

Your trip

New to gs, new to the forum.. Looking at a trip there for me and our lass sometime...sadly not able to make it this time as seen too late...Totally impressed with your efforts to pull this together joybringer, FairPlay to you..looks like a fantastic trip.. Enjoy :beerjug:

New to gs, new to the forum.. Looking at a trip there for me and our lass sometime...sadly not able to make it this time as seen too late...Totally impressed with your efforts to pull this together joybringer, FairPlay to you..looks like a fantastic trip.. Enjoy :beerjug:

Thanks! Sorry - didn't get an email advice for this post :nenau

Anyhow, if you want the route files etc, just PM me or drop me a note at mark.cole77(at)btinternet.com.

Same goes for anyone else not going but reading this and would like the GDB file :thumb

:beerjug:

26 days!!!!!

I'm final-checking the route file to ensure the little detours through farm yards that Garmin loves so much are removed, and I'll be emailing you all the GDB file later today. :thumb2

The routes are there for you to use or abuse in any way you want. One tip I can offer is to try not to 'recalculate' on your device if you go off-piste for an individual excursion, unless you're not fussed about following the same roads as everyone else, for example, as depending on your GPS settings, it may decide on a different route, or part of it. However, there should be enough waypoints to get you back on the main route, but with the multitude of individual navigation settings, it's easy to end up down a dirt track, for example. I'm sure we've all done it before :eek:, and I hope I'm not teaching anyone to suck eggs :toungincheek

The rideouts in La Villa and Tuttlingen are purely optional, and I've included one to get you to Venice if you're that way inclined. As it's not a Guided Tour, the concept is that we all do what we want when we want, ride whatever passes we each want to; and basking in the hotel pool or spa is also an acceptable option ;)

On the return leg, there are 2 optional routes from Austria to Germany through Switzerland - either the Fluella or Abula Passes. Both are good for different reasons, and both include a little diversion to the castle in Liechtenstein, just because it's there and I've never been. Up to you if you want to bypass that part of the route and head on into Germany - I'm sure it won't float everyone's boat :D

It would be great if we could all try to get together for a drink and maybe a meal at the end of each day. :beer:

Looking forward to meeting and making some new friends. :blagblah

My Carer tells me I have to play nicely. This time... :pullface

Final Version

I've emailed you all the latest version, but I've also updated the links in the first post to reflect the latest, minor amendments.

I'm not intending to change anything now, but if anyone spots any dead-end diversions, let me know and I'll edit the route(s) :beerjug:

I've made the file publically accessible, but let me know if you have problems downloading.

Grossglockner Pass

I plan to visit the Grossglockner while staying in Italy.

Highest pass in Europe by road. Unfortunately its a Toll road 22 euro for day.

info - http://www.grossglockner.at/en/

I have a map source route if anyone wants a copy

cheers

Gerry H.

Attachments

• grossglockner-berglandschaft.jpg
    grossglockner-berglandschaft.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 292
don't think i've done that one gerry. might be up for that :)

I was there last year, about the same time of the month as we'll be in the area this year :thumb2

Take a coat...:D

DSCF2914.jpg

DSCF2915.jpg

DSCF2908.jpg

DSCF2917.jpg

Worth going if you can spare the time - fantastic views, and there's a waterfall about halfway up. Or down. :drool

There's a dirt track behind the photographer's viewpoint, that takes you to the highest point. Good luck with that...:barf

Not sure I'll do it again so soon, but you never know...

I was there last year, about the same time of the month as we'll be in the area this year :thumb2

Take a coat...:D

DSCF2914.jpg

DSCF2915.jpg

DSCF2908.jpg

DSCF2917.jpg

Worth going if you can spare the time - fantastic views, and there's a waterfall about halfway up. Or down. :drool

There's a dirt track behind the photographer's viewpoint, that takes you to the highest point. Good luck with that...:barf

Not sure I'll do it again so soon, but you never know...

Makes note: take new heated waistcoat......it may be needed :thumb2

we had no snow when we did the grossglockner last june, what we did have was thousands (literally!) of people, all walking along the road down from the restaurant towards heilengenblut though the tunnel ...all over the road, with dozens of coaches parked up everywhere to take 'm off after they had done their pilgramage walk...the ride up was excellent however, it was only the downward sector they blocked up:blast

Looks interesting.

Depending on what day you are going cos I have to leave early to come back for a training course I can't get out of. :blast

Gossglockner

I was thinking of day 6 as its an extension of the route posted by Mark.

cheers

Gerry H.

we had no snow when we did the grossglockner last june, what we did have was thousands (literally!) of people, all walking along the road down from the restaurant towards heilengenblut though the tunnel ...all over the road, with dozens of coaches parked up everywhere to take 'm off after they had done their pilgramage walk...the ride up was excellent however, it was only the downward sector they blocked up:blast

My pics were taken on 19 June between 2:30 and 3:00pm :eek:

Looks like this is shaping up to be a great jaunt :thumb2

The destination is a popular choice. Joybringer's hard work on the routes may well prove useful for bods in the future, so it's generous of him to share them itch the wider world.

Have a great time chaps :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom