Bookings Open!

mr badger

Reaction score
7039149241_74e501231b_c.jpg

OK my lovelies. Here's the plan.

The venue is the same as last year, the Angel at Larling, Norfolk. Apparently we were very popular last year and made quite a contribution to their coffers over the weekend so they're happy to have us back.

A generally laid back vibe again. More than happy to offer any local insights or destinations. I'll lead a road ride this time.

We've kept the price the same as last year, so it's £25 for the weekend. This includes 2 mights camping and a two-course sit down dinner early on the Saturday night. Menu to follow.

There is no surplus from this, all £25 is going on the venue and grub. As a result, there might not be any stickers this year. We're quite skint and can't cover the cost ourselves this time (they worked out at about £2.50 per person last year). No charity fund raising this time either - just roll up and enjoy.

There will be a T-shirt available rather than a polo shirt, to keep costs down. I'll run off a few hoodies too if folk are interested.

We're hoping to have:

• mr badger's road ride around the North Norfolk coast. 10 max and including catering stops. Might just find a brewery or beer shop to visit on the way
  • Womble's Wibbles - a bit of off road (haven't actually asked him yet so don't get too excited)
  • Cheese board for later in the evenings
  • There may be a bit of freelance catering on the Friday night.
  • Definitely Veggie Paella for those afflicted with meat aversion on Friday
  • Possible 'celebrity' appearances
  • The Green Gusset Show on Saturday afternoon
  • Fairy Lights at a good price
  • Pimms!
  • Distillery tours available

Booking is preferably through PayPal. Pay to boxer.beet@gmail.com. Friend payment please.

Failing that, mail me at that address and I'll return my postal address for cheques.

Tim

LewcaL Unfurmashun, 'ent at?

In case you're intending more that just boozing, these might well be useful:

Norfolk tourist type info

Suffolk
much the same info

There are loads of military museum type places and loads of old airfields if that's your thing.

Almost all of the Norfolk and Suffolk coast (probably with the exception of the stretch from Caister to Lowestoft) is stunning, especially the areas around North West Norfolk and Suffolk around Southwold to Orford.

The Broads will be fairly busy at this time of the year but are worth a look if you like waterways.

Plenty of local booze around including beers (Adnams, Greene King and a load of micro breweries), whisky, gin and vodka distilled locally and some of the best cider you can get at Aspalls. Great crabs and lobsters at the coast.

Like most places in the Summer, the main roads will be busy and clogged in places. It's still worth a run along the Norfolk Coast road (A149).

Plenty of cute villages and towns, especially in Suffolk. Loads of delis and foodie places thanks to our Chelsea cousins coming up at the weekends.

Two N Norfolk runs, chip run and nice route down to Tiptree Jam Factory (mmm... scones).

Garmin? Download here

Will have maps available on the weekend if you need them.

Maps

In case you need it, see map.

5981011161_7c903d2e5c_b.jpg

Get on the A11. Larling is approximately 10 miles north of Thetford and 7 miles south of Attleborough.

Look out for signs to the B1111. There are also signs there for St Georges Distillery. Follow direction to distillery (south) and take the first left after you come off the A11.

Pub < 1 mile from there.

5981485971_f9aa47b7d7_b.jpg

Count me in!

Also I'd like to participate in your road ride please :)

Paypal on it's way.

:beerjug:

Boxer beat

The bad news!! I'm comming aghhhhhh!, will sort out dosh in the post tomorrow when sober!!
Dave GS

In and paid.
Hoping to camp as well. [if someone can put my tent up,when i get one]
How times change.. ;)
:clap :clap :clap

Back
Top Bottom