Recommend me a rider to pillion intercom

I have just invested in a set of Interphone F4 headsets and have started using the bluetooth on my phone to play music through my intercom, it sounds great, and i can receive calls from my mobile, good sound quality.
However it will only pair up with one headset my passenger cannot listen to the music from my phone which was a little disappointing.I contacted interphone and was told my phone/music will only pair up with one headset at a time.

I have just invested in a set of Interphone F4 headsets and have started using the bluetooth on my phone to play music through my intercom, it sounds great, and i can receive calls from my mobile, good sound quality.
However it will only pair up with one headset my passenger cannot listen to the music from my phone which was a little disappointing.I contacted interphone and was told my phone/music will only pair up with one headset at a time.

So will we both be able to listen to music from the Zumo 600 at the same time, or will that be a no-no ( thinking of the F5 here)

Autocom, you know it makes sense. :)

Her indoors is fed up of getting tangled in the wires :D

Fancy giving bluetooth a shot... and the idea of answering my phone appeals...

Just rang motohaus... they said the pillion won't be able to listen to the same music as me ... she'll have to bluetooth her own

Motohaus are right, also if you are listening to your music your pillion cannot speak to you without you turning off your music and you go back into pairing mode.

Gave up on bluetooth. Starcom digital. Brilliant bit of kit. Wires I know. Smaller than autocom so easier to fit under seat. Clear rider pillion up to 95mph.

People at Starcom were brilliant .

Zumo 660 connected. Only used sat nav so can't comment on music but speech clear.

Sent back F3 as it was unreliable caused by imho poor design of electrical connectors. Am ridng out of UK until June. Am told a parcel has arrived with what sounds like a replacement. We shall see

Her indoors is fed up of getting tangled in the wires :D

Fancy giving bluetooth a shot... and the idea of answering my phone appeals...

Just rang motohaus... they said the pillion won't be able to listen to the same music as me ... she'll have to bluetooth her own

How about using both the Autocom and the Interphones, connect the former with the latter using Autocom Wire 3 units. £100 a piece mind :eek:

That way you can both listen to the same music...

Had autocom up to 150 and we could still be understood, music clear to past a ton and we can either both have music or just one of us, and we can use a phone / sat nav at the same time as being able to speak.

Going wired again with the Tenere.

How about using both the Autocom and the Interphones, connect the former with the latter using Autocom Wire 3 units. £100 a piece mind :eek:

That way you can both listen to the same music...

Thanks for the suggestion... but I think I'm going to stick with Autocom for the time being... we can listen to the same music , talk, and hear the satnav.... that'll do for now.....

I'll cope without answering the phone ;)

Autcom here ours have been reliable for 10 years (exept when i fried an extension cable on the exhaust :blast always carry a spare one now!

Had Autocom for 5 years previously, but switched to Sena SMH10's last year and been well impressed so far. As my 16 year old daughter is on the pillion, having different music is a bonus for us, no more compromise on old versus new. :D Having recently taken her CBT, I've also been shadowing her for the first few hundred miles on her scooter and the bike to bike has been invaluable. Add in the ability to go bike to bike with up to 3 other users as well as phone and sat nav instructions if wanted, and switch from bike to bike easily, means it's been a no brainer for me.

I like that once set up the Sena's are very easy to use, just the one big jog dial and the phone button. Never had an issue with battery running time and re-chage is no hassle. Nothing wrong with Autocom, but the game has definitely moved on.

Add in the ability to go bike to bike with up to 3 other users

This is one of the big downsides of these Bluetooth headsets for me. You can only go bike-to-bike if the other members of your group have kit from the same manufacturer as the long range BT is proprietary, there's no defined standard.

I have one riding buddy with an Interphone F4, and quite a few more with PMR kit. The result is that I don't get to talk to the mate with the F4, shame as he's my lifelong best mate, we even went to kindergarten together. His choice... maybe he's trying to tell me something.

If the manufacturers of the BT kit got their heads together and decided on a standard then the conversion rate would be better IMHO. However, maybe they're relying in everyone having to buy their kit? Don't think it works like that though :nenau

I've just bought a couple of Nolan 104s with the associated B4 Bluetooth and it works perfectly for us. The helmets are flip-up and are homologated for both full-face and flip-up use - plus they don't feel like you have a sail on your head (like the BMW or Shoei).

Linked the phone and satnav but not used yet.. pillion communication is the priority. I'm not sure I understand all the people who want to be making phone calls from the bike - receiving them is different but ffs getalife!

Helmets pair within a few seconds of being switched on and need to be turned up a few notches (we use earplugs) but that will be changed when I get a minute to attach both to the computer and the B4 software.

Recharging is a piece of piss; simples.

Just swapped from autocom super pro avi (not latest model) used with isolating transformers, autocom bluetooth module, zumo 550 and phone to Cardo G9 Rider.

In my opinion the G9 out performs the autocom easily, everything works correctly (phone was rubbish at speed on autocom) and much more volume that autocom provides. My new system follows me as its on the helmet whereas autocom is hardwired to the bike. Also I can now remove all of the autocom boxes and wires from underseat on the GS (It was difficult to fit everything here!)

Ian

I've had Intaride, Starcom and Autocom. I've now got Sena SMH10 and its the only one that has worked as promised. Great kit.

I have had all the starcom units and just got rid of the starcom digital and bought Scala rider G4

i can listen to the radio now which is a plus i can now let the wife know when she can get on the bike and also she can tell me she wants some choccie when i am paying for fuel, wouldn't go back to wired system as someone said on here when you change anything phone satnav you then have to buy different leads

just my 2p worth

I borrowed a couple of cheap units the other day and went out for a run on the bike with my wife.
Well a good idea they may be for some people but after 3 miles of someone chuntering in my ear I'd had enough.
Stopped the bike and removed them, INTERCOMS ARE DEFINITELY NOT FOR ME.

I have tapped the +ve feed into my light circuit (1100). If I've had enough of sound from behind, I can turn my lights off....no noise! ;)

I have tapped the +ve feed into my light circuit (1100). If I've had enough of sound from behind, I can turn my lights off....no noise! ;)

What do you do when its dark, listen to the nagging or ride using "the force"

Back
Top Bottom