Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield IAM , first time nerves !

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Thanks for posting you two

Thought you might have been scared off Wishbone

HA HA , nah mickey , I've paid me money , think I might stick around for a few weeks

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Interested to know, are they promoting the F1RST register much up at Sheffield?

Quote Originally Posted by Smug View Post
    ?

Hi wishbone and mediamark...

Glad you both enjoyed "Saturday with SAM" and hope your experience gets even better in the future. We've got a very good set of riders to ride with and some wonderful countryside to ride in - enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Smug View Post
    Members know about the F1RST register but we haven't emphasised its existence. We have always tried to prepare our Associates to a much higher level than that required just to pass the test and so they tend to do well. We, like all IAM Groups I suspect, have programmes in place to help Members develop their riding post-test and I hope that both of you take advantage of those when you've passed your tests .

P

Well , it was all worth it , passed my test yesterday morning , I got everything I wanted and more out the of the course , its got to be a double thumbs up for me imho
    Ive learned so much , made good friends all positives
    for anyone thinking of the IAM I couldnt recommend highly enough

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
    Well , it was all worth it , passed my test yesterday morning , I got everything I wanted and more out the of the course , its got to be a double thumbs up for me imho
    Well done and well said

As Peter (Harleyquin) says, the group don't promote' the IAM 'First' as such, but merely endeavour to make sure the candidate gets as much out of the training as is possible

The 'First' scheme is the IAM's answer to RoSPA's Gold, Silver and Bronze certificates. I think every IAM Examiner in the country would like the B, S & G certificates but London won't take that on board because RoSPA do it

.... and they think they might lose revenue

It's down to the Examiner to give a First to an associate on test but whether that be equivalent to a Gold or Silver is debatable .....

Well done again Paul

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Well done Paul. ;-)
    I called down to Rainbow but you'd gone.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
    Brilliant Paul -very well done by you and by your Observer Steve . All you need to do now is to keep getting better by coming along to the Saturday ride-outs with other Green Badge holders.

P

Passed!!!

Passed my test today!! Very happy indeed.

I've enjoyed the experience so much. It's made a massive difference to my riding ability and has made me so much more confident on my bike.
    I had a great observer and I've made some good friends. I might even do the observer training next year!

I would recommend it to everyone. Do it!!

Well done Mark

Edit .... as an aside, and regarding the posts above. I had a young lady on a 1200R for test a couple of weeks ago (from another group). She gave a truly excellent ride and so gave her a 1st in each category so recommended for the 'F1rst Certificate' .... well done that gal
    Adventure.GS

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

[QUOTE=Micky;3198363]Well done and well said

t's down to the Examiner to give a First to an associate on test but whether that be equivalent to a Gold or Silver is debatable .....

Micky, What do you think the difference is between an IAM First and a ROSPA Gold ? I am curious as I just got a First this week and was thinking about doing ROSPA.........

[QUOTE=Rod;3250438]
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Well done and well said

t's down to the Examiner to give a First to an associate on test but whether that be equivalent to a Gold or Silver is debatable .....

Micky, What do you think the difference is between an IAM First and a ROSPA Gold ? I am curious as I just got a First this week and was thinking about doing ROSPA.........
    Difficult to say Rod, it's down to different examiners standards. I know it shouldn't be but it's a fact of life. People suggest that all Observers, Senior Observers, Examiners, all over the country should be the same wherever, but I'm not one for 'cloning' and so welcome the different approaches by different people

Well done on the F1rst Rod

You can't have enough experience .... so now go for that RoSPA Gold

..... and come back and tell us

Adventure.GS

Just had a remarkable young lady for test today ... gave a better ride (OK shut up at the back there, no sniggering) than a lot of blokes I know

Gave her a 'First' ... a very well deserved 'First'

I've given two 'Firsts' out in the last six months .... both to the ladies

OK OK

Adventure.GS

Oooooeeerrr missus lol

Quote Originally Posted by mediamark View Post
    Passed my test today!! Very happy indeed.

I've enjoyed the experience so much. It's made a massive difference to my riding ability and has made me so much more confident on my bike.
    I had a great observer and I've made some good friends. I might even do the observer training next year!

I would recommend it to everyone. Do it!!
    Now for congratulations again Mark, a couple of years on, for passing your Observer Training ... well done again

I resigned as an IAM Examiner yesterday

Adventure.GS

Cheers Micky.

How come you've resigned?
    Just had enough?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast