Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield IAM , first time nerves !

Iconoclast Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    I resigned as an IAM Examiner yesterday
    Does that mean you can let your hair down a bit next time we go for a ride....?

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by mediamark View Post
    Cheers Micky.

How come you've resigned?
    Just had enough?
    Just had enough Mark

I just got rid of that silly bottom line for ya's

Well done again

Quote Originally Posted by Schtum View Post
    Does that mean you can let your hair down a bit next time we go for a ride....?
    Yeah ... I'm free to rub your nose in my dust now Mike

Ha ha .... that'll be the day

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Interested to hear you've called it a day Micky ....

Two blokes on my team do it .... I couldn't - the 'rule book' would drive me nuts, and yet I love teaching ..

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Interested to hear you've called it a day Micky ....

Two blokes on my team do it .... I couldn't - the 'rule book' would drive me nuts, and yet I love teaching ..

.. the 'rule book' would drive me nuts, and yet I love teaching .. exactly

One of the reasons Giles, one of the reasons

OK I'm not going in to details, a few pints at Dent might loosen the tongue, but I'm not happy with the way the IAM is going

Red1 on here will be delighted with the news

Adventure.GS

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Yep, that's a shame, but I completely understand.

[I].. ......, but I'm not happy with the way the IAM is going .....:
    One size fits all? Maybe not, but if people keep doing the training and standards are maintained, then change can't be all bad.

Micky. Thanks for all you have done to promote safe riding over the years. Now enjoy your free time and ride safe

Quote Originally Posted by earwig View Post
    One size fits all? Maybe not, but if people keep doing the training and standards are maintained, then change can't be all bad.

Micky. Thanks for all you have done to promote safe riding over the years. Now enjoy your free time and ride safe
    Many thanks for that

There's a right good bunch of observers and trainee observers doing a rait grand job down on the shop floor, unselfishly volunteering their time, in all kinds of weather, throughout the year. I think that some times London loses sight of that fact! The bottom line is that I've had over twenty years as an IAM Examiner and thoroughly enjoyed it. Made some great friends ... maybe time now to let a younger person in

Life has become too precious, every minute counts. I've a new dog to walk, new knees to wear out, a couple of great bikes to ride, ferry crossings, maps and far off roads to seek out

I'll be continuing my allegiance to the Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists and helping out in any way I can

Adventure.GS

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Just had a remarkable young lady for test today ... gave a better ride (OK shut up at the back there, no sniggering) than a lot of blokes I know

Gave her a 'First' ... a very well deserved 'First'

I've given two 'Firsts' out in the last six months .... both to the ladies

OK OK

I intend to start IAM lessons this year Micky. Judging by your post above, should I wear lipstick?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    I intend to start IAM lessons this year Micky. Judging by your post above, should I wear lipstick?
    Ha ha .... far from it Steve. You'll be OK, you'll enjoy

Adventure.GS

Following a two day "taster" course with Micky back in his Advanced Riding Technique days, he persuaded me to join Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists as an associate member. It was the best move I ever made, and improved my riding skills (and enjoyment) immeasurably. I'm still an active IAM member now I'm living in Gloucester, and remember my Sheffield days fondly. Just do it! Micky may remember due to the incident we witnessed at the overnight stop in Longtown. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzie View Post
    Following a two day "taster" course with Micky back in his Advanced Riding Technique days, he persuaded me to join Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists as an associate member. It was the best move I ever made, and improved my riding skills (and enjoyment) immeasurably. I'm still an active IAM member now I'm living in Gloucester, and remember my Sheffield days fondly. Just do it! Micky may remember due to the incident we witnessed at the overnight stop in Longtown. Cheers!
    Many thanks Bazzie

The guy who had hung himself with his tie, in the courtyard?

Adventure.GS

That's the one Micky! Not what I expected to find that morning (or any other)! Hope to see you at Rainbow sometime. All the best mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazzie View Post
    That's the one Micky! Not what I expected to find that morning (or any other)! Hope to see you at Rainbow sometime. All the best mate.
    He'd hung himself with his tie in the courtyard. The police cut his tie, to preserve the knot of course, to get him down. Long Tom, the owner of the hotel 'The Graham Arms' gave the police a bollocking for destroying a perfectly good tie

They didn't think it was funny

Good to hear from you again Barry

Adventure.GS

He'd hung himself with his tie in the courtyard.
    A sad story indeed. Just because Micky is coming to town isn't really sufficient reason to kill yourself.

Or is it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    A sad story indeed. Just because Micky is coming to town isn't really sufficient reason to kill yourself.

Or is it?
    Dent will be the tester
    Adventure.GS

Had my first observed ride today with SAM, really enjoyed it and picked up some good advice. Nice breakfast in Holmesfield as well

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast