Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield IAM , first time nerves !

I'm linked in with the IAM around Liverpool /Merseyside area, if any one needs advice on a taster ride or anything,I can glady put your details forward .

The IAM is chaining Nationally and its all a good move. It should bring a national std of observing and make the whole process of joining and Passing a more enjoyable experience.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    It's good to hear riders getting training, it's all good. I did the IAM skill for life about ten years ago, my local group were fairly inactive so I joined a RoSPA group. After two golds and now an observer myself I know that I have vastly improved.

I have many friends in Solent Advancec Motorcyclists and know they have a great group, so whilst Rospa may have a perceived edge on the qualification that's nothing compared with the quality of the training riders get, whichever association you join.

An important point I would make is, if you don't gel pretty quickly with your observer ask for a different one.

And finally, why not do both ?

Quote Originally Posted by ymfb View Post
    And finally, why not do both ?
    Im actually thinking of doing ROSPA to go with my IAM is there a huge difference ? i know the final test is graded slightly different but surly the end product is the same ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Had my first observed ride today with SAM, really enjoyed it and picked up some good advice. Nice breakfast in Holmesfield as well
    Holmfirth, not Holmesfield

On arrival at their meeting place I agreed to endure Les's slow cone obstacle course, made all the worse by the feeling that everyone was watching me, although they probably weren't. Went out for my initial assessment taking in Holme Moss, which went well. My assessor then set up comms and rode up front for a while giving commentary about his observations which I found very useful. Will be going back next Saturday.

On arrival at their meeting place I agreed to endure Les's slow cone obstacle course, made all the worse by the feeling that everyone was watching me, although they probably weren't. Went out for my initial assessment taking in Holme Moss, which went well. My assessor then set up comms and rode up front for a while giving commentary about his observations which I found very useful. Will be going back next Saturday.
    Thank fuck for that. Was beginning to think i was missing a cafe between Sheff and Grindleford.

Quote Originally Posted by snelly View Post
    Thank fuck for that. Was beginning to think i was missing a cafe between Sheff and Grindleford.
    I always get Holmfirth and Holmesfield mixed up, which is worrying as I store my caravan at Holmesfield!

Hi guys I live in Mansfield Nottinghamshire where would be the nearest place for some extra training ?
    That said Sheffield is not very far
    Hopping to get my triple black next Saturdays

Quote Originally Posted by lawvar View Post
    Hi guys I live in Mansfield Nottinghamshire where would be the nearest place for some extra training ?
    That said Sheffield is not very far
    Hopping to get my triple black next Saturdays
    Nottingham group probably nearer than Sheffield, but not by much.
    Life is short.
    And random.
    That's all you need to know...

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    There's probably a dozen places I could post this, but this thread is probably the best place methinks ...

Congratulations to Magnet on not only passing her IAM 'Masters', but passing it with a 'Distinction'

Well done Fran, it's always a pleasure to ride with you

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    There's probably a dozen places I could post this, but this thread is probably the best place methinks ...

Congratulations to Magnet on not only passing her IAM 'Masters', but passing it with a 'Distinction'

Well done Fran, it's always a pleasure to ride with you

Thanks

No one in the group even knows i've taken it yet! They might do now though...
    Life is short.
    And random.
    That's all you need to know...

Congratulations Fran

Quote Originally Posted by Magnet View Post
    Thanks

Well done its far from easy gaining a distinction. Welcome to an exclusive club. Del

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post

Well done Fran, it's always a pleasure to ride with you :kisses

Discreet as always

i just been out with andy firth for an assessment relay enjoyed it. and the amount of info he gave me on my riding style was grate. ill be joining next satday might see you there

Quote Originally Posted by moonhead911 View Post
    i just been out with andy firth for an assessment relay enjoyed it. and the amount of info he gave me on my riding style was grate. ill be joining next satday might see you there
    Sadly I can't get to their Saturday meets due to work. I didn't renew my subs for this reason so not sure if I would be able to attend anyway. Say hello from me (Steve) to Les and my observer Michael Forster for me.

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnet View Post
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by harry the cat View Post
    Discreet as always
    You're too humble to tell anyone Fran ... the world should know. You were never going to keep it a secret about one helluva achievement.

If its caused you any embarrassment then I apologise

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast