Sheffield IAM , first time nerves !

Following a two day "taster" course with Micky back in his Advanced Riding Technique days, he persuaded me to join Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists as an associate member. It was the best move I ever made, and improved my riding skills (and enjoyment) immeasurably. I'm still an active IAM member now I'm living in Gloucester, and remember my Sheffield days fondly. Just do it! Micky may remember due to the incident we witnessed at the overnight stop in Longtown. Cheers!

Following a two day "taster" course with Micky back in his Advanced Riding Technique days, he persuaded me to join Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists as an associate member. It was the best move I ever made, and improved my riding skills (and enjoyment) immeasurably. I'm still an active IAM member now I'm living in Gloucester, and remember my Sheffield days fondly. Just do it! Micky may remember due to the incident we witnessed at the overnight stop in Longtown. Cheers!

Many thanks Bazzie :thumb

The guy who had hung himself with his tie, in the courtyard? :eek:

:beerjug:

That's the one Micky! Not what I expected to find that morning (or any other)! Hope to see you at Rainbow sometime. All the best mate.

That's the one Micky! Not what I expected to find that morning (or any other)! Hope to see you at Rainbow sometime. All the best mate.

He'd hung himself with his tie in the courtyard. The police cut his tie, to preserve the knot of course, to get him down. Long Tom, the owner of the hotel 'The Graham Arms' gave the police a bollocking for destroying a perfectly good tie :eek:

They didn't think it was funny :D

Good to hear from you again Barry :thumb

Had my first observed ride today with SAM, really enjoyed it and picked up some good advice. Nice breakfast in Holmesfield as well :thumb2

I'm linked in with the IAM around Liverpool /Merseyside area, if any one needs advice on a taster ride or anything,I can glady put your details forward .

The IAM is chaining Nationally and its all a good move. It should bring a national std of observing and make the whole process of joining and Passing a more enjoyable experience.

It's good to hear riders getting training, it's all good. I did the IAM skill for life about ten years ago, my local group were fairly inactive so I joined a RoSPA group. After two golds and now an observer myself I know that I have vastly improved.

I have many friends in Solent Advancec Motorcyclists and know they have a great group, so whilst Rospa may have a perceived edge on the qualification that's nothing compared with the quality of the training riders get, whichever association you join.

An important point I would make is, if you don't gel pretty quickly with your observer ask for a different one.

And finally, why not do both ?

And finally, why not do both ?

Im actually thinking of doing ROSPA to go with my IAM is there a huge difference ? i know the final test is graded slightly different but surly the end product is the same ?

Had my first observed ride today with SAM, really enjoyed it and picked up some good advice. Nice breakfast in Holmesfield as well :thumb2

Holmfirth, not Holmesfield :blast:blast

On arrival at their meeting place I agreed to endure Les's slow cone obstacle course, made all the worse by the feeling that everyone was watching me, although they probably weren't. Went out for my initial assessment taking in Holme Moss, which went well. My assessor then set up comms and rode up front for a while giving commentary about his observations which I found very useful. Will be going back next Saturday.

Holmfirth, not Holmesfield :blast:blast

On arrival at their meeting place I agreed to endure Les's slow cone obstacle course, made all the worse by the feeling that everyone was watching me, although they probably weren't. Went out for my initial assessment taking in Holme Moss, which went well. My assessor then set up comms and rode up front for a while giving commentary about his observations which I found very useful. Will be going back next Saturday.

Thank fuck for that. Was beginning to think i was missing a cafe between Sheff and Grindleford.:D

Hi guys I live in Mansfield Nottinghamshire where would be the nearest place for some extra training ?
That said Sheffield is not very far
Hopping to get my triple black next Saturdays

Hi guys I live in Mansfield Nottinghamshire where would be the nearest place for some extra training ?
That said Sheffield is not very far
Hopping to get my triple black next Saturdays

Nottingham group probably nearer than Sheffield, but not by much.

There's probably a dozen places I could post this, but this thread is probably the best place methinks ...

Congratulations to Magnet on not only passing her IAM 'Masters', but passing it with a 'Distinction' :thumb

Well done Fran, it's always a pleasure to ride with you :kissy2

There's probably a dozen places I could post this, but this thread is probably the best place methinks ...

Congratulations to Magnet on not only passing her IAM 'Masters', but passing it with a 'Distinction' :thumb

Well done Fran, it's always a pleasure to ride with you :kissy2

No one in the group even knows i've taken it yet! They might do now though...:D

Back
Top Bottom