Montjuic - if only.....................

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
Over the years I've had half an eye open for one of these. For various personal reasons they are the most iconic bike out there (to me), ever.

If only I had the money..................defo worth the asking IMHO :)

Laverda Montjuic

Untitled-1-5.jpg

Andres

Nice, but it would have to be the SF2 750 for me:)

A friend of mine had one of these.. (many moons ago)..:D

I have to say it was one of the worst bikes I've ever ridden, the overwhelming memories I have is the MASSIVE vibration... but it looked and sounded great..

I lived ...

... opposite the workshop of Bill Selby motorcycles in Doncaster and would watch these being built up out of the crate; if I remember they were a tad on the noisy side :eek:

Snap!

Sat on a Mk 1 and fell in love. The dealer offered to take my bike in part ex but I didn't have the required five hundred quid balance :blast

But then again I've had a Ducati 851 for the last 15 years ( Paid 5 grand for it at the time :eek:) so can't complain too much :D

I put a few miles in on Monties including a road legal formula 500. Outrageous machines but even as a died in the wool Laverda nut they were too loud and small for anything other than an afternoons ride. defo a must have for the dream garage though.

img0075.jpg

Lad at my college bike club (Newcastle ) had a MK1 in 1981, beautiful to look at (except for the constantly rotting exhausts) BUT an utter pig as an everyday ride , needed one set of soft plugs for round town and one harder set for a long run.
Spoke to someone at a show a few years ago who had a standard bike (Alpina ?) which had all the Montjuic bodywork fitted and it was really nice and very civilised and useable

Thx - i've been looking for this pic for ages - if u can scan it in in good quality colour i'd be ...errr...happy ? :thumb2

never had the bike bike but my first lid was a griffin clubman and never had/used my brain alot

I had one,and unless you reeeeeeally want one badly, don't go near them.

Brilliant bike for open A roads, but never go through a town on one. You'll never get them to tickover properly, so you have to keep blipping the throttle,and you can never get neutral, so you've got to hold the clutch in(mans clutch:eek:)and when it causes more structural damage than concorde,you soon get fed up with it.It used to really piss the street off going to work at 6am though:D

Would I have another one? You bet I would.

750 SFC is even worse in every respect

Alpino S

This one was at our annual classic bike run last year.

Not as desirable as a Montjuic but maybe more practical?

18.jpg

I loved the Laverda Alpino when it was new and recently saw one advertsied for sale, I made enquiries and found it was a Montjiuc styled one, as has been already said not quite so practical and not what I had in mind but I'll gladly pass on the contact details.:thumb

'1978 Laverda Alpino 500 for sale.Bike is a 1978 model with matching frame and engine Numbers.Bike is in immaculate condition and is taxed and mot...'

chocolate camshafts, or was that just the Alpina?

The 500s and the 1000 bikes suffered with camshafts unless you bought the expensive motul oil and changed it every 1000 miles. the cams ran in plain bearing alloy bearing blocks that were matched to the cams, they only had a mesh filter so if you didn't change the oikl the cams wore the blocks. I remember my Jota oil changes were around £20 and that was in the 80's. I was changing the oil every couple of weeks. My 650 bonny changes were around £3 and that was twice a year.

Back
Top Bottom