macbook help

corsicandreamer

I,d rather be ski-ing
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hope someone can help, i need to send a lot of photographs by e-mail from my macbook, images are stored in i-photo.

What is the best method for doing this, thanks in anticipation. :bow

Email severs will typically bounce messages that are too large. You are better to get a Dropbox account for free > share a folder with who you are trying to send to it and then > drag and copy. It really depends on what quality you want to send them. If its the lowest then select all your photos and click email.

dropbox, you sent it or cutieftp

tile transfer site.

use Export facility in iPhoto (you can choose the size/quality). compress using the Compress option in the right click context menu and upload to dropbox or use one of the many file sharing sites.

dropbox is useful in other ways too, so may well be the best choice.

If you have a MobileMe or iCloud account and the recipient also has one. Use iChat to send them. Open an iChat chat then drop the photos into where you'd type, the recipient agrees to receive them and then they'll be down loaded.

On MobileMe there was a really handy feature where you could upload stuff and provide people with access to down load. It was a really good feature but I'm not sure it's available anymore.

Easy. Start to compose message, click on attach, select photo, double click on it, then (and here's the clever bit) right at the bottom of the page click on windows friendly attachments and select the size (small, medium or large) MacBook does it all for you......

Easy. Start to compose message, click on attach, select photo, double click on it, then (and here's the clever bit) right at the bottom of the page click on windows friendly attachments and select the size (small, medium or large) MacBook does it all for you......

i need to send a lot of photographs by e-mail from my macbook, images are stored in i-photo.

What is the best method for doing this, thanks in anticipation. :bow

i suppose it depends what your definition of "a lot" is.

Register for a free Photobucket account and install their iPhoto plugin. Their free account now allows unlimited number of photos to be uploaded but the only restriction is the maximum file size is 1Mb, which isn't that big a deal. I used to have a pro account with them but once they removed the restriction on the number of photos you could upload I just went with the free service.

I like photobucket and the iPhoto plugin works fine with iPhotos export option. You can export individual photos or whole albums and it has options for the the resolution you want to export, up to a maximum 1Mb per photo. The photos can then be viewed and downloaded from photobucket very easily. Also very easy to post photos online such as on UKGSers as photobucket provide all the correct links for copying and pasting.

Back
Top Bottom