Arai Tour Cross Helmet

• Thread starter AdventureCleverly
  • Start date

AdventureCleverly

Just tried one of these at Honda Chiswick - very nice. Question though, does anyone ride with a peaked helmet, if so what is the effect on turbulence, head bob etc

I want a helmet I can wear with goggles for dusty desert excursions but don't want to re-live 'Hang em High' every time I get onto tarmac :eek:

Any experience?

Attachments

• bjork_-_debut-frontsmall.jpg
    bjork_-_debut-frontsmall.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 336
peaks

I ride with my Bell Motocross helmet (peaked) all the time.... no problems at any speed and great sunshade for hotter places!

Nice dining chairs!!!

Thanks Chris, I think I just about weeded the answer out of the general abuse, nice commentary on the SA80 by the way ;)

Expensive business this conversion from crotch rocket to camel riding :eek:

Now where can I get some suitable boots?

:beerjug:

oh and by the way the image in the visor is not mine, so can't comment on the furnishings ;)

AdventureCleverly said:
Now where can I get some suitable boots?
Horses for courses here,

Faves tend to be Altbergs (www.altberg.co.uk), Sidi Couriers (for the more rufty tufty adventure types though Mr & Mrs T sport some crosser boots with contrasting (what can only be described as) brightly coloured plastic covered toe armour:confused:

Daytona's coset many a foot too. I've got some Frankie Thomas Aquaboots (which are actually waterproof), Daytona summer boots (which are not!) and at the NEC I'll be seeking out another bargain - Couriers for under £125?

Boot recommendations

jud9e said:
Horses for courses here,
Daytona's coset many a foot too. I've got some Frankie Thomas Aquaboots (which are actually waterproof), Daytona summer boots (which are not!) and at the NEC I'll be seeking out another bargain - Couriers for under £125?
Anyone got any recommendations for boots that I can wear to formal meetings?
It's blooming awkward riding 150miles to a meeting and then having to store my bike boots somewhere.

So I need something that is comfortable enough to be worn all day off the bike but with decent ankle protection and that looks like a pair of DMs.

BMW used to do the Ranger boot that would have been fine, but they've stopped doing it now.

J.T.

M and P are still selling Daytona boots on their website at half price and now seem to have found some more stock.

Also they now have security working on the order site.

www.mandp.co.uk

Re: Boot recommendations

JTalbut said:

It's blooming awkward riding 150miles to a meeting and then having to store my bike boots somewhere.

So I need something that is comfortable enough to be worn all day off the bike but with decent ankle protection and that looks like a pair of DMs.

BMW used to do the Ranger boot that would have been fine, but they've stopped doing it now.

J.T.
I have a similar need myself the Daytonas I wear definatley fit that bill being devoid of garish plastic add-ons, sliders etc (a la Sidi Vertebrae type things) I believe also Altberg claim there stuff good for walking in, proper walking soles etc.

Forget M&P for Daytona boots, I placed an order on thursday, and friday received a call to say they have NO boots left, and the order was canceled.
Oh well I should not have hesitated, will now go to the NEC and looksy what there!

Re: Boot recommendations

JTalbut said:

J.T.

J T,
I ride my GS everyday to work (Insurance Broker) and make presentations to my customers in my bike gear. I wear Daytona boots and keep them well polished. The cops here wear them and have tested them well ( I have them insured) so they work well on the ankles.
Regards.

:beerjug:

Saw one today very nice, it was Gunmetal colour, I have just spent £225 on a open face, would have bought one of those if I`d see one, very smart.

Back
Top Bottom