Dubrovnik to Porec

GBDamo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm after a little of your combines expertise, I'm heading from Dubrovnik to Porec in the middle of May and have some questions: -

1, I'll be taking the coastal roads and work it out at around 450 miles which is too much to do in one day and appreciate the route. Do you reccommend and mid way hotels to stop over?

2, Is there any issue with the ~5 miles of Bosnia through which I'll have to travel?

3, What points of interest do you reccomend along the route?

4, Is Mostar a realistic day trip from Dubrovnik? I know it's a roughly 150 mile round trip but you never know. Again, issues with Bosnia?

Ta in advance

Damion

mostar - easy day trip from Dubrovnik - but why not make it an overnight?
Bosnia - scary place... bosniak girls, bosnian serb girls, .... too much coffee... :)

The thought had crossed my mind but was worried about security, bike that is, not me.

Stop overnight in Mostar . It is so much better in the early morning or after 4 in the afternoon when the trippers have left to go back to the cruise ships. Dubrovnik is the same -super place but go into the old town very early in the morning about 7 when nobody is about . From 11 to 4 it is packed with cruise ship trippers . Never had a problem in Bosnia ,fab roads and senery but you still get the feeling that something is waiting to go off again.
Plenty off B/B that will also look after you bike while sight seeing.
Enjoy............

Back
Top Bottom