Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Offroad ride

Offroad ride

Still trying to sort this out. Womble is stacked with work this year and can't commit yet.

We'll try and get Captain Korma along again, but if anyone knows their way around the local lanes on a GS, please get in touch. I just look at sand and fall over so no help from this quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by mr badger View Post
    Still trying to sort this out. Womble is stacked with work this year and can't commit yet.

We'll try and get Captain Korma along again, but if anyone knows their way around the local lanes on a GS, please get in touch. I just look at sand and fall over so no help from this quarter.
    You have a PM

I have indeed. We definitely have an off road ride. More to follow.

Any more leaders/helpers out there?

Up-date!!!

Dean (aka Captain Korma..! ) who got things sorted last year with Womble is defo in the mix again this year to lead/tail-end or whatever's needed and, with any luck, he'll be with us for the whole weekend not just the off roading... yay!

I fell ill once... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I'm not taking my GSA over there again after what happened last year.

I'll show you how to ride on sand.

Hope to be there...

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Nice bike there DW, it would be great for our local lanes.

While I'm here, a quick clarification: work is very busy at the moment and I don't feel comfortable committing to leading a trail ride when I might get pulled away at the last minute and leave people disappointed. However, Unsuitable and Cap'n K seem to have confirmed in the meantime, which is really good news. Nonetheless, I'm intending to be there and if I do make it, I will happily muck in with leading or tail-ending as needed
    The OOaa bird is so-called because it lays square eggs

Hurrah for you being at Boxer Beet!!

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Nice bike there DW, it would be great for our local lanes.

While I'm here, a quick clarification: work is very busy at the moment and I don't feel comfortable committing to leading a trail ride when I might get pulled away at the last minute and leave people disappointed. However, Unsuitable and Cap'n K seem to have confirmed in the meantime, which is really good news. Nonetheless, I'm intending to be there and if I do make it, I will happily muck in with leading or tail-ending as needed

Good news!

(I have a shirt and mug that belong to you btw)

New Member (less than 15 Posts)

Off Road Ride Out

Happy to help out with the off roading. It was pretty cut up last time I rode the lanes, so should be excellent fun!

Yahooo....!!!

I knew we'd lure you to join the Dark Side

Now then... putting a call out to Womble and Unsuitable (if both still keen/able to assist)... you three sweeties need to have some kind conflab (lots of choice of method... PM, phone or face to face) to decide what's what and establish who're your likely victims... sorry, willing participants...

A splendid job was done last year so I shan't attempt to teach anyone to suck eggs....

I'm sure you'll keep us all posted as and when...

Jo xx

I found 12 quid down the back of the settee, it was a difficult choice between joining and buying some jelly babies....I think I made the right choice!

Oh yes, indeed you did

I'm still available to lead a ride if needed.

Off Road Ride Out

For those who prefer it dirty....

We have a couple of options. Thetford Forest is rather handlily only 10 minutes away from camp and we can do a good 80 mile ride with most of that on the dirt, with a cafe stop for lunch. Alternatively we can ride up to North Norfolk and do some equally dirty lanes up there, with the added bonus of Fish and Chips by the sea.

I suggest we leave no later than 10am to make the most of the day, probably getting back to camp around 5pm. By this time most of us will be either knackered, injured or pushing a broken bike (or all three!)

I know you already know this, but, plenty of water, especially if its hot, and leave the heavy stuff in your tent!

Unsuitable knows all the lanes as well as I do, so there is a really good chance we won't get lost.

Give us your thoughts...

Thanks for sorting this, Captain xx

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I'm up for the forest ride if thats what's on the menu for the day. Hopefully Cobbster will come along with Chris and when Mick DB1 makes up his mind if he's coming that will help with the numbers.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast