Offroad ride

SO WHOS GOT THE LONGEST JOURNEY TO GET THERE?

i have about 5 bone jarring hours on my TKC's - about 240 miles.

:friday

Depends on how lost I get......

I'm still waiting for someone to upload a garmin route that I can bung onto my Zumo660. It's getting closer but I still don't know which route to take...

If I'm not there by lunchtime, will somebody please send out a search party??

Depends on how lost I get......

I'm still waiting for someone to upload a garmin route that I can bung onto my Zumo660. It's getting closer but I still don't know which route to take...

If I'm not there by lunchtime, will somebody please send out a search party??

Daft boy..... or have I already told you that...????? :augie :p xx

I don't want to have to ride too far. What happens if I wear the engine out?? These things aren't meant to be ridden for long distances you know :augie

Ewan and Charlie had 6 engine changes each on their trips. Obviously these bits were edited out of the DVDs.

And you gotta decide where you'll stop en route for new tyres.... and where to fill up... heavens this rally lark could exhaust you before you even leave home ;)

For those who prefer it dirty....

We have a couple of options. Thetford Forest is rather handlily only 10 minutes away from camp and we can do a good 80 mile ride with most of that on the dirt, with a cafe stop for lunch. Alternatively we can ride up to North Norfolk and do some equally dirty lanes up there, with the added bonus of Fish and Chips by the sea.

I suggest we leave no later than 10am to make the most of the day, probably getting back to camp around 5pm. By this time most of us will be either knackered, injured or pushing a broken bike (or all three!)

I know you already know this, but, plenty of water, especially if its hot, and leave the heavy stuff in your tent!

Unsuitable knows all the lanes as well as I do, so there is a really good chance we won't get lost.

Give us your thoughts...

Will the route be suitable for stock GS on Tourances. Came last year and loved it, (the tall fella on the blue GS), so keen to do it again:thumb2

Will the route be suitable for stock GS on Tourances. Came last year and loved it, (the tall fella on the blue GS), so keen to do it again:thumb2

If we get a couple of dry days beforehand it should be fine on Tourances.

I remember you well :thumb2 Have you fitted any bar risers yet?

no, not yet. :blast

You may as well get a set as they are dead cheap, fitting them is a 10 minute job and your back will thank you. Don't go for more than 2cm or 2.5cm as the brake lines can get a bit tight.

I'd offer to help fit them but I can't guarantee I'll be there yet.

Have marked up a route which is about 75-80 miles which takes in almost all the unsealed roads around the forest,anybody wanting to drop out early will be able to do so easily,lets hope for a summers day but Thetfords always good and not too difficult going what-ever the weather.

7534619098_245889fd74_z.jpg

We ll give this a miss.

7328443124_141a9c6224_z.jpg

This is a nice lane.

7280409380_34c730aef9_z.jpg

This on is one of the longest lanes you ll ride anywhere in this country.

Right now, with the amount of rain that we've had recently, I think the Thetford run might be a bit hard work for riders on Tourances, but I'm not actually leading the ride so it's not my call.

However, if a run to Hunstanton would be a bit more Tourance friendly, I'm happy to lead or tail-end the Thetford ride so we can consider splitting into 2 runs.
Anyway, I'll either be there tonight or first thing tomorrow to discuss further :beerjug:

Thetford was fairly wet and rough last Sunday mate as Unsuitable will tell you (Turning up on a pogo:nenau ) and there has been more rain since :eek I am hoping to turn up tonight (i'll sort the fees out with you on the gate Badge ;) ) I don't honestly think North Norfolk would be suitable for tourences either with the rain we have had but you never know. I have most of the lanes in the Norfolk Suffolk area saved on my satnav :thumb

Back
Top Bottom