Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Ride

On the approach to Horsey Mill if you manage a ton on the whoops you CAN get a GS 2 up airborne

I live about 6 miles away

Badger

Just for your info on your proposed route as you leave Winterton towards Somerton there is a sharp right then left which is tree covered and called Dark Lane.......... due to the lotsa rain there has been loads of sediment washed down from the bankings that has settled in the road and may catch out the unwary if you turn into the dark area from sunlight ............. its dead centre of the lane and right after the apex of the corner

It tends to get left for quite a while after each rainpour and was fairly thick last 2-3 times i have been along in the last 3 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    Badger

Just for your info on your proposed route as you leave Winterton towards Somerton there is a sharp right then left which is tree covered and called Dark Lane.......... due to the lotsa rain there has been loads of sediment washed down from the bankings that has settled in the road and may catch out the unwary if you turn into the dark area from sunlight ............. its dead centre of the lane and right after the apex of the corner

It tends to get left for quite a while after each rainpour and was fairly thick last 2-3 times i have been along in the last 3 weeks

Should be easy to find, its surrounded by a bright red wall or fence

Thanks Bigyin

I'll mark it as a crapper.

There are quite in few in North Norfolk like that atm

Did Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Following the same theme just been out for a ride this evening along the north Norfolk coast making the most of a break in the rain! The road between Well-next-the-Sea and Sheringham has several bends that have also been covered in gravel wash since the heavy rain over the last few days. It is mainly on the blind ones so can catch you out!!

Quote Originally Posted by diddy46 View Post
    Following the same theme just been out for a ride this evening along the north Norfolk coast making the most of a break in the rain! The road between Well-next-the-Sea and Sheringham has several bends that have also been covered in gravel wash since the heavy rain over the last few days. It is mainly on the blind ones so can catch you out!!
    Hi diddyman!

Fun isn't it? I'll be keeping the squad fairly slow along there. Tis often a bastard along there.

Why not pop in on Friday night and say hi? Or there's plenty more space on the campsite

Quote Originally Posted by Bigyin View Post
    On the approach to Horsey Mill if you manage a ton on the whoops you CAN get a GS 2 up airborne

I live about 6 miles away
    I couldn't possibly comment other than the fact that 70 and a bit of throttle management will do it too. Apparently.

Road Ride list

Looks like

Moi

Mr K
    Buz
    Ash (weather dependent)
    Mort
    Gail
    dave GS
    Lee
    MikeG

Norfolk Tiger

Might manage a couple more but I want to keep the squad quite small if possible. Very easy to get broken up round here.

The Garmin is here if you fancy a look.

More routes here

Did Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Hi Mr B
    Sorry we couldn't make it for the weekend due to previous plans, it sounds like a good time is had by all but we will try to show our faces at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by mr badger View Post

The Garmin is here if you fancy a look.

More routes here
    Will load this in the Zumo ready.....

Whats the Post Code of the Pub/Camp Site?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    NR162QU on the junction of the A11 and B1111,

http://angel-larling.co.uk/

Thanks for sorting that Jez up:

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Buz View Post
    Will load this in the Zumo ready.....

Whats the Post Code of the Pub/Camp Site?
    Loaded the route into the Quest - this should be fun.

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
    Loaded the route into the Quest - this should be fun.

Bloody Zumo, A) Thought i'd already created a route.....evidently i Haven't B) Having problems loading a new one, feckin technology does my head in

Route A.....Christ knows what i told it but this most definitely isn't the quickest/shortest route surely!

Son of Ah Knah Yee Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Buz View Post
    Route A.....Christ knows what i told it but this most definitely isn't the quickest/shortest route surely!

You didn't select slowest/most frustrating route did you?

PUI since 2004

[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast