first rider on scene

fireman

Reaction score
Being a keen rider and also a fire service trauma technician i have had a brainwave to put on a first rider on scene course free of charge one saturday in the near future.
I will have to advertise it as a presentation as i am not accreited to issue a certificate.
i have been asked to think of some initatives to help reduce road deaths within our turnout area and thought this ides would be well recieved.
the location would be mossley fire station and last around 2 hours.
The ideal group size would be 20 so if you have any intrest could you let me know
I will be covering
scene management-first aid , cpr and helmet removal.
Its also an excuse for a ride out:)

Me Please

Count me in please, I work four on four off so hopefully the date would work. :beerjug:

Did FBOS about 5 years ago in Preston with the ambulance service, but would definitely be interested in a refresher.. :thumb2

johno, the stuff i will teach you can be used on or off road, very easy and simple stuff that may just save a life

may pop down for a brew later so get the good buscuits out, not the cheap ones,

Ok folks, i have been looking at a few dates.
Saturday 19th May or the 16th june which is also a saturday, depends when the lecture room is free, i will put tea and coffee on and it should last about 2 hours, depends how much "hands on" you want with the manakins.
thinking of kicking off about 1ish so every one has time to get home for tea.

Any input on times and dates welcome

Ok folks, i have been looking at a few dates.
Saturday 19th May or the 16th june which is also a saturday, depends when the lecture room is free, i will put tea and coffee on and it should last about 2 hours, depends how much "hands on" you want with the manakins.
thinking of kicking off about 1ish so every one has time to get home for tea.

Any input on times and dates welcome

Hello, I could do the 19th May but not 16th June sodds law but thats shifts as I am sure you are only to well aware! :nenau thanks mate.

Hi there, not sure where Mossley is but put me down for either.

Very well done - public spirit and all that.

Is the manikin female?

Malcolm

Hi malcome, yes it is a resus anne mate and for everyone else your welcome to bring the missus if they ride pillion.

I have now set a date in stone and reserved the lecture room, it will be on Sunday the 20th May at 1pm
i have 6 guys for sure from another site leaving about another 10 places to make it a good size group.

Mossley by the way is between ashton-u-Lyne and Oldham.
I will make a list as you sign up

Me and the missus

If there's any places left can you count me and the better half in please :)

I'm in Cheadle so just down the road from me...........

Hi malcome, yes it is a resus anne mate and for everyone else your welcome to bring the missus if they ride pillion.

I have now set a date in stone and reserved the lecture room, it will be on Sunday the 20th May at 1pm
i have 6 guys for sure from another site leaving about another 10 places to make it a good size group.

Mossley by the way is between ashton-u-Lyne and Oldham.
I will make a list as you sign up

The 20th May is good for me mate, I am a definite, thank you :beerjug:

Ok guys, i have 6 people from another site and duckspeed off here as a defanate yes.. who else is a defo for the 20th may at 1300hrs. mossley fire station

Hi, as per my original response I unfortunately can not make it on this date, hope all goes well.

Thanks

Brian

For anyone attending the first biker on scene on the 20th may.
The location of the fire station is on the one way system

Stamford Road
Mossley
Ashton-under-lyne
OL5 0LN

As you see the fire station take the left turn into wyre street just before the station and the entrance is on your right, you cant miss it as it is the largest building at the side of the market ground.
i have tried to post a map on here but for some reason it wont let me.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom