2005 Husqvarna TE 450 - Info Help Needed

RD.

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I don't have a manual or handbook and need info for the following questions:-

Torque Values / Settings for both the top and bottom yokes / triple clamps - Are the top and bottom different?

Tyre Levers - I am considering the type with a ring spanner at the end. Are they any good? What size ring spanner size will fit front and rear wheels?
I remember a post on here about tyre levers but I'm unable to locate it.

Hydraulic Fluid - What type?

My bike has Rock Oil Synthesis 4 10w 60 Fully Synthetic Oil which the previous owner bike owner used - Where can I buy this oil and is there a better alternative?

Inner Tubes - I've been looking at both Bridgestone and Michelin Ultra (4mm) Heavy Duty at £24 each - Are they worth paying the extra £9 over the "Heavy Duty" which cost about £15 each?

Thanks for your help in advance guys. :thumb2

Cheers,

Rich.

This any good to you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXbtKglpbUQ

The tubes, avoid the expensive hd tubes waste of money.
Normal Michelin Airstop HD are adequate.

The ring spanner levers are another waste of money, and bling-tat. Not Loz-proof and can be bent easily!:D
Buy two forged steel levers off ebay and a secondhand ring spanner, after measuring the spindle nuts. Cut the spanner to suit you tool roll, and when you tighten the wheel up after fitting your tubes, use this key so you know it can be loosened by the key if it was tightened by it.

This any good to you?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXbtKglpbUQ

The tubes, avoid the expensive hd tubes waste of money.
Normal Michelin Airstop HD are adequate.

The ring spanner levers are another waste of money, and bling-tat. Not Loz-proof and can be bent easily!:D
Buy two forged steel levers off ebay and a secondhand ring spanner, after measuring the spindle nuts. Cut the spanner to suit you tool roll, and when you tighten the wheel up after fitting your tubes, use this key so you know it can be loosened by the key if it was tightened by it.

Thanks for the link, that's great........ I didn't think of searching YouTube!! :blast

Thanks also for the info on tubes :thumb2 I didn't know whether the "Ultra (4mm) Heavy Duty" were worth the extra money over the normal HD tubes.

I'm glad I haven't bought the combined spanner levers now - Cheers. :thumb2
Out on a trail, with a puncture and liquorice tyre levers - I would not be a happy chappy.

Lastly, the info on the key makes sense - If its torqued with a wrench at home, using a hand type key on a trail is going to be tough.

Thanks for all the info. :thumb

Rich.

Back
Top Bottom