1150 to 1200

eonbkuk

Reaction score
Hi All

currently have 03 GS and have been offered a 09 GSA from a dealer will i be able to swop anything to it

ie i have corbins on my GS will they fit on the GSA i think i know the answer but i am hoping to be pleasantly surprised buy the fonts of all knowledge on here.

on a different note if i decide to go ahead with this what do i need to be aware of (have read most of the threads on here so have a vague idea) and would anyone like to purchase a 1150 GS no abs

thanks

eon

I doubt anything will swap over, the Corbin seat certainly won't

Tyres are the same size and that's about it

i had a funny feeling that might be the answer

anyone have any thoughts on a 09 GSA

Don't buy it .................without a warranty:thumb

If it's from a BMW dealer it will have an approved BMW used warranty although IMO it's hardly essential ;)

Never taken out an extended warranty on any BMW :thumb

Take it for a test ride and see if you like it is the only real advice you need :D

What sort of thoughts are you looking for?

I'll kick you off.... It's a year younger than an 08 and a year older than an 09.

whether to actually go for a 1200 against the 1150 i have

i do like the added weather protection and the longer range but have heard horror stories of the 1200 with this and that going wrong

i do like the added weather protection and the longer range but have heard horror stories of the 1200 with this and that going wrong

If the "stories" worry you then don't buy one ;)

Ride it and see what you think. It's a completely different animal to the 1150 and you won't have to shovel more coal in the boiler to make it go quickly:D Joking aside, it may look similar but is a lot lighter, handles better and the engine picks up quicker IMHO.

Nothing is interchangeble from the 1150 apart from tyres and your best bet would be return your 1150 to standard and sell all those bits like the seats you've accumulated over the years.

If it's from a dealer you should have FSH so ask what work has been done to it warranty wise. The paint finish isn't as good as the old ones so have a good look out for a bit of corrosion but that depends on mileage etc.

Like said above nothing will fit. In terms of the upgrade it's like going from a VW Beatle to a 911 ;)

Just remember that the huge majority are completely reliable and you rarely hear from satisfied and happy owners. If it comes with warranty you have piece of mind for 12 months by which time you will know you made teh right choice:thumb

if in doubt, dont..... if you like it and want it buy it... simples....:thumb

Just remember that the huge majority are completely reliable and you rarely hear from satisfied and happy owners. If it comes with warranty you have piece of mind for 12 months by which time you will know you made teh right choice:thumb

i realise that you only hear the bad

i have ridden a update 10 model and was impressed with that and the dealer really wants to sell me one so will have to arrange a suitable date

thanks for all the advice

eon

thanks for all your knowledge

pick the bike up next week taken everything off that needed to come off and that will be going either on here or ebay next week

corbin seats, inner bags for bmw cases, and tank bag

how many miles will it do to the tank roughly mostly motorway and dual carriageway to work with lanes and single roads at the weekends

thanks for all your knowledge

pick the bike up next week taken everything off that needed to come off and that will be going either on here or ebay next week

corbin seats, inner bags for bmw cases, and tank bag

how many miles will it do to the tank roughly mostly motorway and dual carriageway to work with lanes and single roads at the weekends

Depends on the use of your right hand :augie

I tend to work on 10 miles per litre and start looking to refuel once past 300 miles on a tank.

Back
Top Bottom