Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Euro Trails

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Euro Trails

Hi All

Myself and a mate are off on our annual getaway in a couple of weeks, this time we are taking a couple of old 750 Super Tenere's. Below is broadly the route we will be taking.

We'd like to take in a bit of off road (or even a lot of off road) whilst on the trip. Does anybody know of any legal trails along our way?

Thanks Lee
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lee
    Looks like your route is taking you to Riders rest ( C ) ! There are so many routes in and around Tony’s place . But do not tell him I told you .

Hi Shan, riders rest is a way point, good to hear we can do some trails there.

Thanks

North Wales TRF Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Your trip has Germany, Austria and Switzzzzzzerland in it..... and your looking for trails!
    I'd be spending a little more time in Belgium and France if it's trails you're looking for.

Just out of interest how long are you away for ?
    That little route won't give you a lot of change from 3,000 miles at a guess, plus any trails you find.

Legally? Then forget Germany, Austria and Switzerland. We're all GREEN over here, protect the nature and all that good stuff - haven't you heard?

Hi Big Bird!

I can offer you sandy green lanes in Northern Germany.
    Sorry it is not on your planned route.
    Probably next time;-)

Have a nice trip mike!

Thanks for the responses, riders rest seems a good option, we're not on a trail trip so to speak but would like to take some if the opportunity arises.

Timpo I would be interested in some specific trails you may be aware of on a different trip with the right bikes, if you're happy to share.

Alps

There's loads of legal 4x4 tracks in the french alps that would be enough of a challenge on a loaded up bike. You obviously get a lot of walkers in the summer and where I live they put a local traffic regulation order on some of the tracks, but if you were here in Sept and Oct you'd hve no problems.

As Shan suggests we have all the appropriate paper maps of the trails in our area, most are rideable, depends on if you just want to play or include them as part of your route. I also have the topo map for Garmin on my PC for the Central Massif if you want to plan a route whilst you are here. http://www.ridersrest.eu/TrailRidinginFrance.aspx I personally do not ride the trails sadly due to injury

Quote Originally Posted by mb4807 View Post
    There's loads of legal 4x4 tracks in the french alps that would be enough of a challenge on a loaded up bike. You obviously get a lot of walkers in the summer and where I live they put a local traffic regulation order on some of the tracks, but if you were here in Sept and Oct you'd hve no problems.
    Same applies here in southern Austria, lots of "roads" that you would not want to take unless you have a 4X4 or an adventure bike. you just have to know where to look.

John
    http://www.hochalmspitze.com Biker Hotel in southern Austria.

Quote Originally Posted by Riders Rest View Post
    As Shan suggests we have all the appropriate paper maps of the trails in our area, most are rideable, depends on if you just want to play or include them as part of your route. I also have the topo map for Garmin on my PC for the Central Massif if you want to plan a route whilst you are here. http://www.ridersrest.eu/TrailRidinginFrance.aspx I personally do not ride the trails sadly due to injury

Rob

Already booked in with you via Rod, 29th I think.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by The Grey One View Post
    Same applies here in southern Austria, lots of "roads" that you would not want to take unless you have a 4X4 or an adventure bike. you just have to know where to look.

John
    John

Hoping to visit you, Rod has made an enquiry, it's just we can't commit to an arrival date yet.

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by AlanI View Post
    Legally? Then forget Germany, Austria and Switzerland. We're all GREEN over here, protect the nature and all that good stuff - haven't you heard?
    Depends on what you call a Trail, there are loads of "unpaved roads" in the Alps, as well as France and germany.

On my recent long weekend I noticed loads of little tracks around Verdun showing up on the Garmin as roads and where we sere staying (Two Wheel Moorings) they had a group of Belgium riders coming to explore these trails - hundreds of miles of them apparently in the area.

Similarly the Black Forest has quite a large number, I normally notice them as I am riding by what looks like a farm or Forest track and see that it is showing up on the Garmin as a "road"

Garmin Mapsource shows these roads but you have to zoom almost fully in for them to show up, but they are clearly indicated with dotted instead of solid lines - just a shame you cannot get it to display them from a more zoomed out view.

For the Alps ask on www.alpineroads.com forum, lots of local experts and many Alp tour veterans

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

pretty much forget ch,de and at.

for slovenia - just go for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast