Anyone got a fancy electronic breathalyser

wheeledwidewebb

Reaction score
What with the requirement to have a breathalyser in France now, I was thinking about not bothering with disposable ones and going for one of the more fancy electronic types.

I am hoping that it will be a bit of a laugh when on hols to see who can get the highest reading etc. etc. Not whilst riding I should add, just for those moments when my normal childish self is allowed to run free, fuelled by drink.

Anyway, has anyone got one? Are they any good?

Fankoo.

I believe only 3 are accredited with the NF stamp and they're all disposable though I'm happy to be proven wrong. The ones I'd looked at were AlcoSense ones.

Nice one, thanks for pointing that out.

A bit of googling suggests that you are spot on sir. Thank you.

I'll have to rely on the old yardstick of last man standing for evening entertainment I guess.

Are these available in supermarkets over here in France? I thought they would be available in my local Leclerc, but their motoring section doesn't seem to have them.

Saw some for sale in an aire north of Cahors (Aire du jardin des Causses du Lot, A20) as we drove down today: €1.95 a throw from memory. We didn't buy any ...

They are not flooding the supermarkets yet I am guessing that there isnt enough to go round at the moment. You can find them in the Leclerc Supermarkets though in amongst the car oil and wipper blades etc.

:beerjug:

This is the one I have purchased from Leclerc for 1€10c

breth.jpg
breth1.jpg

I was at Portsmouth ferry port last week and non were on sale in the shops there.

Thanks for the photo of the packaging, RR - now I know what to look for.

I know it is November before these are being enforced, but figured I'd pick one up when I see one, stuff it under the seat then never need think about it again.

Back
Top Bottom